NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition
08-07-2023, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2023 06:32 PM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition
(08-07-2023 04:01 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  I just received my HP-15CE (L/NO. 9CJ323) (s/n: 01062)
Shipping : 4 days : (Friday) Spain → Italy → UK → Canada (Monday)

Funny how mine took 5 days to make just the first jump across borders yours did...
Fri-Tue, a week earlier.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2023, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2023 06:03 PM by striegel.)
Actually arrived today
(08-02-2023 01:54 PM)striegel Wrote:  Tuesday I got my tracking message from Packlink estimating the delivery date as 4 August 2023.

My home is in Ohio and my order went in on May 2nd.

This is the day I've been looking forward to.

Order date recorded by TheCalculatorStore.com shows as 2023-05-02.
Invoice date 2023-08-01
DHL brought it to my door today at 1:09 PM EDT.

Collector's Edition Number 01109

My initial impression fresh out of the box is that it feels really good and the button presses are just about perfect. The f and g keys feel slightly crisper when pushed, but that's not a negative.

Alan
Find all posts by this user
08-07-2023, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2023 07:10 PM by Sylvain Cote.)
(08-07-2023 06:01 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(08-07-2023 04:01 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  I just received my HP-15CE (L/NO. 9CJ323) (s/n: 01062)
Shipping : 4 days : (Friday) Spain → Italy → UK → Canada (Monday)
Funny how mine took 5 days to make just the first jump across borders yours did...
Fri-Tue, a week earlier.
Do not even try to understand the logic of shipping companies/organizations.

Monte sent me a MAXX alpha module for testing purposes from California/USA to Quebec/Canada on June 15 and I am still waiting to receive it.
The funny (irony) thing is, instead of sending the package to Canada (north-east), USPS sent it to Australia (south-west).
Today, the package is stuck at the Australia custom office, nothing is moving since June 25th, Monte has started an inquiry, will see.
I am stopping here because I am about to not be gentle with my next comments.
08-08-2023, 03:44 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2023 04:59 AM by Eddie W. Shore.)
Received my HP 15C CE today. I'm very excited. This the first Voyager that I will have without the "HEWLETT PACKARD" name on the front and the first Voyager that has the screwed battery compartment.

Collector's Edition # 00935
L/NO 9CJ323
Checksum: 9090h, 2023-01-05

The keyboard feels pretty nice and responsive. The font in the manual is crisp, neat, and large. I like the Thank You card (Thank you, the Calculator Store).

So far, I find the HP 15C CE as fast, if not slightly faster than the HP 15C LE. I'm glad the PSE function works again!

I'm looking forward to testing the hidden modes of the 15C CE.

Update: I don't think we can do programs in HP 16C mode. I made the calculator crash. Luckily, replacing the batteries revived the 15C CE (in regular 15C CE mode).
08-08-2023, 06:03 AM
I received an email this morning that said that The Calculator Store shipped my HP15C/CE today. I'm guessing Spain to California will result in an attempt to deliver the package to my office on Saturday, when it is closed. That's Murphy's Law at work. I hope to see it next Monday
08-08-2023, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2023 08:32 AM by Joe Horn.)
(08-08-2023 03:44 AM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  Update: I don't think we can do programs in HP 16C mode. I made the calculator crash. Luckily, replacing the batteries revived the 15C CE (in regular 15C CE mode).

You can also reboot (AKA coldstart) by poking a paperclip into the RESET hole under the battery cover. The word RESET is embossed in tiny letters next to the hole. The same RESET hole is in the 15C LE and recent 12C's. For easy access to the RESET hole, I suggest removing the screw from the battery cover permanently.

Notice that attempting to perform a standard reset by turning on the calculator while holding down the subtraction key only works in HP-15C mode. In HP-16C mode, it hangs, requiring a paperclip reset to recover.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
08-08-2023, 10:39 AM
I received my HP-15CE n.00786 :-)
Shipping : 2 days from Spain to Italy
08-08-2023, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2023 09:18 PM by ctrclckws.)
(08-08-2023 03:44 AM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  Update: I don't think we can do programs in HP 16C mode. I made the calculator crash.

Not sure what you were programming, but I was able to enter the program in 16C mode for many digits of pi, as published by Katie Wasserman on the old HPMUSEUM pages.
Seems to calculate properly, and much faster than the original.
08-08-2023, 09:25 PM
(08-05-2023 12:12 AM)Michael de Estrada Wrote:  Unfortunately, my HP 15c CE has a period (.) key that does not register w/o an extra hard press. No amount of repeated pressing has fixed this problem. The remaining keys seem to work properly, and so far I've not experienced any repeating.
Same issue here with the STO key. It became a bit better by pressing it many times but still is different from the other keys. I'm not happy.
Thomas
08-09-2023, 06:58 PM
Mine arrived this morning, delivered at my place by FedEx upon payment of due taxes (only R$ 879,91 = € 163,06 = US$ 178,64 ). I wonder if anyone has payed higher taxes. Anyway, a small price to pay for finally a usable brand-new HP-15C :-)

L/NO. 9CJ323, CE # 01391

All keys work fine, which were my main concern. The soft vinyl case looked somewhat loose at first, but now it is just fine. While the battery compartment screw is an important safety device, it seems to me the design could be a bit better.

Very fast shipping times. Thanks again, The Calculator Store! From TNT tracking information:

3/8/23 16:16 Barcelona - Envío en tránsito

4/8/23 1:37 Grace-Hollogne - El envío llegó al punto de conexión

9/8/23 11:16 Curitiba - Envío entregado en buen estado
08-09-2023, 07:15 PM
(08-09-2023 06:58 PM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  L/NO. 9CJ323, CE # 01391

I see that your L/NO. is the same as mine, whereas my CE Number is 00467, so I'm thinking that maybe L/NO. just stands for "Lot Number", instead of being some sort of unique serial number as was the case with the HP 15c LE. In fact, all the other posts show the same L/NO., such they all came from the same production lot, and this will not change unless and until another batch is manufactured. Also, your CE Number indicates that over 1000 of these were made, and it will be interesting to see what the total number has been.
08-09-2023, 07:39 PM
My two units have arrived today.
Same lot number as all the others and collectorConfused edition numbers 553 and 555. The latter one being quite interesting for an electrical engineer who likes old tech Smile

I am using 553 and have no complaints about it so far. Asked the keys feel and work perfectly.

Thank you to everyone involved for making this happen!

Cheers,
Harald
08-09-2023, 09:32 PM
(08-09-2023 07:15 PM)Michael de Estrada Wrote:  
(08-09-2023 06:58 PM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  L/NO. 9CJ323, CE # 01391

I see that your L/NO. is the same as mine, whereas my CE Number is 00467, so I'm thinking that maybe L/NO. just stands for "Lot Number", instead of being some sort of unique serial number as was the case with the HP 15c LE. In fact, all the other posts show the same L/NO., such they all came from the same production lot, and this will not change unless and until another batch is manufactured. Also, your CE Number indicates that over 1000 of these were made, and it will be interesting to see what the total number has been.

Yes, same conclusion here about the lot #, also seen in the photo Moravia shared of outer cartons on the loading dock.

As for qty, Moravia has freely shared their plan was to produce 10,000 units in this initial lot. With Jose already shipping ~1000, eduwinkl and oxford likely taking similar qty (only a guess, I have no info.) and HP/USA (aka Royal) presumably taking even more, it means that > 50% of the units produced were sold within the first 2 weeks. Hopefully this is pleasing to Moravia, will continue though surely slow a bit, and we can look forward to the next problem being lack of stock anywhere (except those 3 guys on eBay selling them for $349-399).

Excellent opening move Moravia! Smile

--Bob Prosperi
08-10-2023, 06:54 AM
(08-04-2023 04:07 PM)J-F Garnier Wrote:  
(08-04-2023 03:56 PM)Pekis Wrote:  Safest usage in 15.2 mode would then be 51 DIM (i) so that MEM becomes 51142 00-0, with 142*7=994 programming steps

No, the main benefit of the extra memory is to be able to use more and/or larger matrices, for instance you have room for two 8x8 matrices.

J-F

Hello,

For me, the main benefit is to be able to put more programs, getting around the 25 labels limitation by using a GTO i or "GSB i" technique.

As for now, I've been using 369 programming steps, with
- 8 "high level" programs/functions (with labels)
- 13 "low level" subroutines or GTO destinations (without labels)
- 1 label (with only GTO i inside) used for "GSB i"

So, only 9 labels used and still space for more "high level" programs/functions with this versatile HP-15C CE Smile
08-10-2023, 08:32 AM
Received mine in Asia yesterday.

I tested the calculation speed of an inverse of a 4x4 matrix. It gave result almost instantly.
All keys gave good responses except the "8" & "9" sometime registered twice. I need to keep an eye on the display and press the back-space key when it takes place.

the s/n of mine is 01054

12C, 15C, 15cCE, 19Bii, 20S, 22S, 35S, 39Gii, 42S, 48G, 50G, 97
08-10-2023, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2023 03:15 PM by Wes Loewer.)
(08-09-2023 07:39 PM)Harald Wrote:  Same lot number as all the others and collector's edition numbers 553 and 555. The latter one being quite interesting for an electrical engineer who likes old tech Smile

No doubt the 555 was intended for timing your speed tests. Wink
08-10-2023, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2023 07:54 PM by johnb.)
I just visited thecalculatorstore.com to place an order for my HP-15c LE, and I noticed two things that gave me pause:
  • a notice that the warehouse is closed until August 18
  • on the order page, the calculator with standard case shows "in stock" but the calculator with leather case says "currently unavailable"

So, some questions....

Does this mean that orders placed today won't go out until August 18 at the earliest?

Also, the cost of the leather case is 19 Euros by itself, but only 15.50 when purchased with the calculator. If I buy it here, I want the leather case, but it's all right with me if I get the calculator quickly and the nicer case arrives a few weeks later. Is there a way to do that at the reduced cost or does international shipping preclude that?

Asking here instead of by private channel, since I can't be the only one in the US with these questions (I suspect).

Daily drivers: 15c, 32sII, 35s, 41cx, 48g, WP 34s/31s. Favorite: 16c.
Latest: 15ce, 48s, 50g. Gateway drug: 28s found in yard sale ~2009.
08-10-2023, 08:14 PM
(08-10-2023 07:52 PM)johnb Wrote:  I just visited thecalculatorstore.com to place an order for my HP-15c LE, and I noticed two things that gave me pause:
  • on the order page, the calculator with standard case shows "in stock" but the calculator with leather case says "currently unavailable"

So, some questions....

Does this mean that orders placed today won't go out until August 18 at the earliest?

Also, the cost of the leather case is 19 Euros by itself, but only 15.50 when purchased with the calculator. If I buy it here, I want the leather case, but it's all right with me if I get the calculator quickly and the nicer case arrives a few weeks later. Is there a way to do that at the reduced cost or does international shipping preclude that?

Asking here instead of by private channel, since I can't be the only one in the US with these questions (I suspect).

To answer above questions:

Yes, we are closed until the 18th and the current orders will leave that day (and some orders that have been returned by carriers too)

We still have stock of HP15c available.

We have run out of black leather cases - we expected far less demand and the production batch was exhausted last week. The production time of such case make it impossible to have more until well into September.

For those who already bought the calculator with leather case and we unexpectedly run out of them, we will send the cases separately when they arrive at no cost. We have explained that to them in the invoice accompanying the calculator. We imagined that the real urge was for the calculator - at least it would be for me!

However, we will not do it "on purpose": if we do not have the leather case, we need to put it as not available for the time being.
08-10-2023, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2023 09:30 PM by johnb.)
(08-10-2023 07:52 PM)johnb Wrote:  Does this mean that orders placed today won't go out until August 18 at the earliest?

[...]I want the leather case, but it's all right with me if I get the calculator quickly and the nicer case arrives a few weeks later. Is there a way to do that at the reduced cost...

(08-10-2023 08:14 PM)Divasson Wrote:  To answer above questions:

Yes, we are closed until the 18th and the current orders will leave that day (and some orders that have been returned by carriers too)

Understood. Nobody can be on the job 24/7 unless they're a pretty BIG organization with lots of overhead!

(08-10-2023 08:14 PM)Divasson Wrote:  We still have stock of HP15c available.

We have run out of black leather cases - we expected far less demand and the production batch was exhausted last week. The production time of such case make it impossible to have more until well into September.

For those who already bought the calculator with leather case and we unexpectedly run out of them, we will send the cases separately when they arrive at no cost. We have explained that to them in the invoice accompanying the calculator. We imagined that the real urge was for the calculator - at least it would be for me!

LOL, I agree, the urge is for the calculator. I think lots of us must have been thinking the same thing: "This is going to become one of my nicest daily drivers. Might as well keep my investment in a really nice case!"

(08-10-2023 08:14 PM)Divasson Wrote:  However, we will not do it "on purpose": if we do not have the leather case, we need to put it as not available for the time being.

Thanks so much for the rapid response! All very reasonable answers!

And I very much appreciate your desire to be totally upfront about the cases. It's obvious why you guys have such a good reputation in the calculator community.

So, if I want the leather case too, should I just go ahead and order just the calculator and then order the case separately when it's available? Still not quite sure how that would work for my situation.

Thanks again!

Daily drivers: 15c, 32sII, 35s, 41cx, 48g, WP 34s/31s. Favorite: 16c.
Latest: 15ce, 48s, 50g. Gateway drug: 28s found in yard sale ~2009.
08-10-2023, 11:19 PM
(08-10-2023 07:52 PM)johnb Wrote:  I just visited thecalculatorstore.com to place an order for my HP-15c LE, and I noticed two things that gave me pause:

So, some questions....

To answer above questions:

We still have stock of HP15c available.

However, we will not do it "on purpose": if we do not have the leather case, we need to put it as not available for the time being.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)