NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition
05-02-2023, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2023 09:11 AM by KlaasKuperus.)
NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition
Hi all,

Since we've started as official licensee for HP calculators, we've been working on expanding the existing assortment. We also wanted to recognize the long history of HP calculators and the ongoing commitment this community has with HP.
So, we decided to bring back one of the iconic models of the past and re-release this under the new Collector Edition series. I would like to introduce to you: the new HP 15C Collectors Edition!

[Image: microsoftteams-image.png]

[Image: 15c_details.png]

Enhanced version of the classic HP 15c
After a 12-year hiatus, HP is reintroducing the popular HP 15c Scientific Calculator in a Collector’s Edition. This HP classic features a unique “Collector’s Edition” script, making it a great gift for collectors and engineers alike. The HP 15c offers users a high-end and portable, scientific calculator with programmable functions and built-in support for complex numbers, matrix math, numerical integration, and root solving,
which makes this device one of the most capable calculators HP has ever made.

Intelligent design, powerful processing
The new HP 15c maintains the same intelligent design as the original but touts up to 100x faster processing speed. Its compact size and lightweight metal frame allows users to conveniently carry the HP 15c from meeting to meeting. Unlike other scientific calculators, the HP 15c also offers an intuitive, horizontal interface, just like the original.

Product specifications
Programming capabilities include conditional and unconditional branching, subroutines, flags, and editing. Plus, users can program up to 672 steps of calculations (increased from 448). The HP 15c also offers direct and indirect storage in up to 99 registers
(increased from 67). This handy calculator operates using Reverse Polish Notation (RPN), reducing the number of keystrokes to complete calculations.
  • Best used for: Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics
  • Built-in functions: Over 130
  • Advanced functions: Trigonometric, exponential,
    basic statistics, complex number calculations,
    matrix operations, integration, keystroke programming
  • Power supply: 2× CR2032 batteries
  • Auto Power off: 5 minutes
  • Display: 1 line × 10 characters
  • Display type: LCD, 7-segment

Many thanks go out to some of the members here that helped made this possible, which I cannot forget to mention: José González Divassón, Włodek Mier-Jędrzejowicz, Bob Prosperi, Eric Rechlin, Jake Schwartz, Namir Shammas, and Gene Wright.

I hope you're just as exited as we are. And yes, if this first Collectors Edition proofs as a success, we will certainly be considering more! Smile

Pre-orders can already be done, delivery expected end of June 2023: It will be widely available soon but these 2 channels run our pre-orders.

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2023, 10:09 AM
RE: NEW: HP 15C Collectors Edition
Great !

Are the bugs from the previous Limited Edition fixed on this Collector Edition?
05-02-2023, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2023 10:35 AM by Stevetuc.)
Hi Klaas

It's very pleasing to see the 15C re-release and with some enhancements to the memory. I assume fixes for the various bugs like PSE which were present on the 15C LE?

Reading thru the handbook I can see the pogo connector is present: (page 260 appen F)Handbook

Does this mean the firmware is upgradeable and is the firmware compatible with the HP 15C LE?
If so, will you make it available as a bug fix upgrade for the LE?
05-02-2023, 10:59 AM
Already booked! ;)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2023, 11:23 AM
(05-02-2023 10:59 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Already booked! Wink

Pre-ordered at once as well!
05-02-2023, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2023 12:08 PM by rlionspain.)
Speechless! Smile Smile Smile
05-02-2023, 12:11 PM
(05-02-2023 10:15 AM)Stevetuc Wrote:  Hi Klaas

It's very pleasing to see the 15C re-release and with some enhancements to the memory. I assume fixes for the various bugs like PSE which were present on the 15C LE?

Reading thru the handbook I can see the pogo connector is present: (page 260 appen F)Handbook

Does this mean the firmware is upgradeable and is the firmware compatible with the HP 15C LE?
If so, will you make it available as a bug fix upgrade for the LE?

All known bugs are fixed. Including some never reported before...

The f/w is NOT compatible with the 15C LE, there are h/w differences. (e.g. the CE is faster than the LE Smile ).

The CE could theoretically be upgraded, but it is not compatible with the old cable if you should happen to own one (e.g. the one used to upgrade a 20b/30b to WP34S).

--Bob Prosperi
05-02-2023, 12:39 PM
Very cool! I am interested as soon as it's available in the US.
05-02-2023, 12:44 PM
Just ordered Smile
05-02-2023, 12:48 PM
(05-02-2023 12:11 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  The f/w is NOT compatible with the 15C LE, there are h/w differences. (e.g. the CE is faster than the LE Smile ).

What hardware is it based on? Is it made by Kinpo?
05-02-2023, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2023 12:57 PM by JDW.)
(05-02-2023 09:36 AM)KlaasKuperus Wrote:  And yes, if this first Collectors Edition proofs as a success, we will certainly be considering more! Smile

That is very encouraging to hear because a 16C Collector's Edition would be wonderful. I say that because I tend to use BIN/HEX/DEC conversions the most these days with my 48GX, 50g and 28S. :-)

By the way, the Eduwinkel link in the opening post is dead.

Also, when I click on The Calculator store and add it to a Cart, in the left sidebar, it says...

Free Delivery 0.00 €

Anywhere in the world shipping is free, or is this in error?

Also, the "Leather Case" is a bit confusing. It says "Leather Case Standard." The most common interpretation of that wording is that the Leather Case is included free of charge as a Standard item. But there's a popup dialog that allows you to choose "With true leather case." What does that even mean? The Standard case is fake, and if you want "real" you can add that for an extra 19 Euros?
05-02-2023, 12:55 PM
Sent in a pre-order today. Looking forward to the newest HP 15C this summer.
05-02-2023, 12:58 PM
Please someone tells us about keyboard quality. Real calculators, and especially HP, are all about keyboard.
05-02-2023, 01:02 PM
(05-02-2023 12:53 PM)JDW Wrote:  
(05-02-2023 09:36 AM)KlaasKuperus Wrote:  And yes, if this first Collectors Edition proofs as a success, we will certainly be considering more! Smile

That is very encouraging to hear because a 16C Collector's Edition would be wonderful. I say that because I tend to use BIN/HEX/DEC conversions the most these days with my 48GX, 50g and 28S. :-)

Also, when I click on The Calculator store and add it to a Cart, in the left sidebar, it says...

Free Delivery 0.00 €

Also, the "Leather Case" is a bit confusing. It says "Leather Case Standard." The most common interpretation of that wording is that the Leather Case is included free of charge as a Standard item. But there's a popup dialog that allows you to choose "With true leather case." What does that even mean? The Standard case is fake, and if you want "real" you can add that for an extra 19 Euros?

I wish it was free delivery, but not for me in the United States. The delivery charge updates as soon as the address is entered.
05-02-2023, 01:05 PM
(05-02-2023 01:02 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  I wish it was free delivery, but not for me in the United States. The delivery charge updates as soon as the address is entered.

I didn't order or enter an address because I have unanswered questions. What did it quote you for shipping?

Probably would be the same to get it to me in Japan, since I assume it ships out of Europe, since prices are in Euros. Or are these made in Asia and will drop-ship from the factory?
05-02-2023, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2023 01:14 PM by dmh.)
The standard case should be called pleather or "leather" :-)

(05-02-2023 12:53 PM)JDW Wrote:  

Free Delivery 0.00 €

Calculator Clique on YouTube
05-02-2023, 01:17 PM
(05-02-2023 01:05 PM)JDW Wrote:  
(05-02-2023 01:02 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  I wish it was free delivery, but not for me in the United States. The delivery charge updates as soon as the address is entered.

I didn't order or enter an address because I have unanswered questions. What did it quote you for shipping?

Probably would be the same to get it to me in Japan, since I assume it ships out of Europe, since prices are in Euros. Or are these made in Asia and will drop-ship from the factory?

The delivery charge for me was 37.50 Euros (to the United States).
05-02-2023, 01:23 PM
(05-02-2023 01:17 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  The delivery charge for me was 37.50 Euros (to the United States).

US$41.00

Well, the box looks pretty big, despite the calculator being small. If there's a heavy printed manual inside, I guess that would explain the shipping being that high. Or maybe it's just inflation. Then again, it is coming from Europe, so that could be it too.

Anyway, thank you for sharing that.
05-02-2023, 01:31 PM
(05-02-2023 01:17 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  
(05-02-2023 01:05 PM)JDW Wrote:  I didn't order or enter an address because I have unanswered questions. What did it quote you for shipping?

The delivery charge for me was 37.50 Euros (to the United States).

Ouch! Yeah, I'll wait for general US availability. I've got a couple original 15Cs, so I don't need this ASAP, but I definitely want one. Smile The 50% RAM increase is a nice touch. Hopefully this sells well enough that we get a 42SII/42S+ next!
05-02-2023, 01:41 PM
The 15c CE manual is also going to be something to behold. Just wait for that!

As Bob said, the existing bugs from the 15c LE were provided to Moravia and they are not in the 15c CE. What can be done with 50% more memory? Can't wait !

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)