Poll: Would you like to 1) source your own boards and components, 2) order a PCB and source your own components, or c) order a kit
Source PCB and componets yourself
Order PCB and source components yourself
Order a kit
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
WP34S USB and IR board release
02-23-2018, 04:20 AM
RE: WP34S USB and IR board release
Thanks for the update Jim!

No need to apologize, we all appreciate your squeezing this into your real life. When it's convenient is fine, we'll be here when you're ready.

Thanks!

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2018, 08:17 AM
Hi Jim,

sorry for giving you headaches. I never generated gerber files myself, so I don't have them. My suppliers were always able to accept the eagle *.brd files and generate Gerbers themselfs. Maybe your supplier can too?

Cheers,
Harald

(02-23-2018 12:42 AM)Jim Horn Wrote:  I'm working on ordering the boards. The files from Harald are for the Eagle PCB software. It is needed to create the needed Gerber format files. So I've downloaded and am learning same. Should be quick. I've not used Eagle before but have used many others.

Once the boards and parts arrive, I'll populate them and update my HP 30b. That's when I'll post their availability and price.

There will be plenty - I'll be ordering over 30 boards so they should be available for all interested plus spares for future orders. If we run out, it will be easy to do more as the hard work will already be done.

My apologies to all for the delays.
02-24-2018, 01:13 AM
Oh, heavens, Harald - no need for sorrow! I'm just delighted that you made the files available that you did! I've always been curious about Eagle, having used a dozen or so such tools through the years. And now I get to play with it. That's a feature, not a bug!

Thanks again for a fine design!

Jim

(02-23-2018 08:17 AM)Harald Wrote:  Hi Jim,

sorry for giving you headaches. I never generated gerber files myself, so I don't have them. My suppliers were always able to accept the eagle *.brd files and generate Gerbers themselfs. Maybe your supplier can too?

Cheers,
Harald
07-18-2018, 04:14 PM
Hello!

How is that project going?

Is it finished?

I'm still interested.

TIA

Cheers!
07-18-2018, 06:23 PM
(07-18-2018 04:14 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  I'm still interested.

Me too! I love my WP34Ss (plural!)
09-05-2018, 08:57 AM
I'm still interested as well, with my WP34S and WP31S at work, and another one at home :-)

Really appreciate the effort!
09-14-2018, 09:26 AM
I inadvertently bricked my 34S and would like to build a new one....
Any news ..
I would be really interested by a board assembled or to be soldered.
09-14-2018, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2018 01:30 PM by burkhard.)
(09-14-2018 09:26 AM)Christobaldo Wrote:  I inadvertently bricked my 34S and would like to build a new one....
Any news ..
I would be really interested by a board assembled or to be soldered.

I've had bad flashes before (because of the jury-rigged way I do it without the proper cable... no fault of the firmware or software tools), wherein it sure looks dead. After I couple of tries, though, I'm back in business and everything is fine. Are you really sure it is bricked? From what I have read here from the experts, they seem to be pretty tolerant of just about anything going awry in flashing.

Good luck with it...the WP34S is such a neat collaborative project. Now if we could only start turning the mountain of plentiful (=cheap) used modern ARM processor 12C calculators into 15C and 16C machines :-) I wish I had the skills.
09-14-2018, 01:41 PM
PS -- If you are having troubles with the flashing or seem to have bricked it, you might want to try putting brand new batteries in and carefully repeating the flashing process.

Batteries that could be fine for running the calculator are not necessary up to the demands of flashing... they are loaded pretty hard during that. I do recall having this problem myself once.

Here's a good old link on the subject of seemingly bricking an HP30b during flash to WP34S:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...168#191168
10-14-2018, 06:25 AM
Does any one have the connection wiring diagram for Haralds IR board the link in this forum doesn't work anymore?
cheers Don
10-14-2018, 07:03 PM
(10-14-2018 06:25 AM)Ninguis Wrote:  Does any one have the connection wiring diagram for Haralds IR board the link in this forum doesn't work anymore?
cheers Don

The version 3.1 manual covers the installation of a Haralds board and is available on Source Forge.

Ref: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wp34s/f...f/download

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
10-15-2018, 06:34 AM
Thank you i found it in the vwesio 3.1 online, I have the version 3.3 hardcopy no mention of the connections.

cheers Don
11-05-2018, 03:38 PM
I have had a request for the eagle data for the HP flash cable USB conversion PCB and have added a zip file to the first post.

Cheers,
Harald
10-03-2019, 12:27 AM
Hi,

Are kits still available?
I'm in the US. I'm late to the party, but getting ready to flash my first WP-34S.
I have a second calculator on the way also, so I think I'd like to get two (2) kits with crystal and caps, and IR diode.

Please let me know what current price and availability is and whom I should contact.

Thank you so much. This is a wonderful project. I'm a ChE, disabled and thus retired.
But I need to try to keep my brain busy with what I can.

Georgia, USA
10BII+, 12C, 14B (AE), 17B, 17BII, 20B, WP-34S, 28S, 35S, 39GS, 48G, 82240A,B
+ sliderules galore, mostly Hemmi/Post & Dietzgen
10-03-2019, 07:12 AM
(10-03-2019 12:27 AM)jpcuzzourt Wrote:  Hi,

Are kits still available?
I'm in the US. I'm late to the party, but getting ready to flash my first WP-34S.
I have a second calculator on the way also, so I think I'd like to get two (2) kits with crystal and caps, and IR diode.

Please let me know what current price and availability is and whom I should contact.

Thank you so much. This is a wonderful project. I'm a ChE, disabled and thus retired.
But I need to try to keep my brain busy with what I can.

Hi

I am also interested in two usb boards. What is the path of least resistance to get hold of either a kit or boards?

Regards
Jaco

Jaco Mostert, Elec Eng
C47 on DM42, 42S, WP34C&S, 28C, 35S, 32Sii, had 11C; used 67, 85; iOS:42s, Free42, WP31S&34S, HCalc; OSX:WP34C.
10-03-2019, 07:45 PM
I think nobody has made any further boards after mine have run out.
Someone has ordered A LOT of bare boards a long time ago. Not sure if those are still hidden in some drawer...
Maybe they will become available...

Alternatively I could probably make new boards if enough people are interested and commit to buying. I think of we get 10+ boards it is feasible.

Cheers,
Harald
10-03-2019, 07:48 PM
(10-03-2019 07:45 PM)Harald Wrote:  I think nobody has made any further boards after mine have run out.
Someone has ordered A LOT of bare boards a long time ago. Not sure if those are still hidden in some drawer...
Maybe they will become available...

Alternatively I could probably make new boards if enough people are interested and commit to buying. I think of we get 10+ boards it is feasible.

Cheers,
Harald

Hi Harald.
I commit for two. Populated if possible. Otherwise bare.
J

Jaco Mostert, Elec Eng
C47 on DM42, 42S, WP34C&S, 28C, 35S, 32Sii, had 11C; used 67, 85; iOS:42s, Free42, WP31S&34S, HCalc; OSX:WP34C.
10-03-2019, 08:29 PM
(10-03-2019 07:45 PM)Harald Wrote:  Alternatively I could probably make new boards if enough people are interested and commit to buying. I think of we get 10+ boards it is feasible.

I would likewise be thrilled to order two, either pre-built or if need be, as kits.
I do like my WP34Ss !
10-03-2019, 11:31 PM
I would commit to 2 complete kits, preferably assembled.
10-04-2019, 11:59 AM
Add two more, assembled if possible
Edward

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)