Gallery: The HP Prime PNG/JPG Image Viewer [UPDATED V2.4.0 2023-07-28]
05-20-2015, 12:19 AM
RE: Gallery: The HP Prime PNG Image Viewer [UPDATED V1.0.6 19-05-15]
Great work man, thanks for the App. I just was wondering something... it is possible to actually use the Storage (+190MB) of the calculator? When i save many images the Memory just get full and it's only like 10MB.

Gracias nuevamente, buen trabajo!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2015, 01:28 AM
(05-20-2015 12:19 AM)uklo Wrote:  Great work man, thanks for the App. I just was wondering something... it is possible to actually use the Storage (+190MB) of the calculator? When i save many images the Memory just get full and it's only like 10MB.

Gracias nuevamente, buen trabajo!

Hi Uklo,
The problem is a little bit complicated to solve and isn't related just by available memory space. The issue is:

1. The calculator has two types of memory: RAM (32Mb) and Flash (256Mb)
2. The above values ​​are theoretical, in real life we ​​have a 12MB available RAM and 190MB Flash.
3. When transferring files to the calculator, the file itself occupies space in the Flash memory (which is actually a pretty big memory considering the size of the saved PNG), but the RAM also is filled with information, ie. USB Buffers, image display, calc. operations, math, etc ... all that occupies RAM.
4. When the RAM is full, the calculator has limited behavior and a reboot is necessary to make space in RAM.
5. The error you are viewing warns about the little space in RAM (which was filled by the USB buffer and so...) and not the Flash space (which remains high).

Maybe and hopefully soon, HP release a new firmware that has a better administration of RAM, with periodic cleaning to optimize to the maximum the memory so that the calculator does not "hang" doing operations like USB transfers, doing math, etc.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm.
View PNG/JPG in your Prime
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-20-2015, 04:43 AM
Ohh alright now i understand thanks for the answer.
05-20-2015, 06:38 AM
Quote:Maybe and hopefully soon, HP release a new firmware that has a better administration of RAM, with periodic cleaning to optimize to the maximum the memory so that the calculator does not "hang" doing operations like USB transfers, doing math, etc.
And, in a complementary manner, a new calculator model which fixes the Prime's skimping on the total size of the RAM, first and foremost...
The current iteration of the Prime will be hampered in the exact same way as the '2007 TI-Nspire Clickpad and '2010 TI-Nspire Touchpad were, for the same reason: on the first order, the weight of the OS only increases over time, due to new features. Both monochrome Nspire models (with a terrible screen) had 32 MB of RAM as well. End result: TI has given up on OS upgrades for those models, because the low amount of free RAM was interfering with relatively normal usage of the calculator.
The issue was worsened by the insanely inefficient document format used by TI, but still.

I wouldn't be posting this if the '2013 Prime had at least as much RAM as the '2011 Nspire CX, i.e. 64 MB. With 64 MB of RAM, even doubling the weight of the Nspire or Prime OS binaries would still leave a sizable amount of memory accessible to the user Smile
05-20-2015, 10:34 AM
Very impressive, thanks for this great app!

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
05-20-2015, 03:34 PM
(05-20-2015 01:28 AM)mandresve Wrote:  5. The error you are viewing warns about the little space in RAM (which was filled by the USB buffer and so...) and not the Flash space (which remains high).

Maybe and hopefully soon, HP release a new firmware that has a better administration of RAM, with periodic cleaning to optimize to the maximum the memory so that the calculator does not "hang" doing operations like USB transfers, doing math, etc.

It isn't "cleaning" of RAM in this case. When an application is sent, it is sent in a single object - not as a series of small files. This means if you have 10MB of data in a directory, it will be 10MB when it arrives at the calculator.

If you have that many images you want, make a copy of the viewer application and split them up. Then you should be fine.

I've put on the list for future potential enhancements to explore sending files in separate objects rather then packaging them together.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
05-21-2015, 03:18 AM
(05-20-2015 03:34 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  I've put on the list for future potential enhancements to explore sending files in separate objects rather then packaging them together.

For the sake of the universe, please and thanks Tim!! I hope that the next update also makes deep good changes in the memory administration and enhancement of the CK.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm.
05-24-2015, 03:12 AM
RE: Gallery: The HP Prime PNG Image Viewer [UPDATED V1.1.3 24-05-15]
New Version Available!!

UPDATES (24-05-15):
  • To Invert Colors press [+/-]
  • To Blank Screen (panic mode) press [DEL]
  • Use the Touchscreen to move too!!
  • Use PNG of any resolution
  • Screen Flickering bug fixed
  • Calculator hang bug fixed
  • Deleting files bug fixed

Changelog:
(24-05-15)
v.1.1.3.
Added: Move feature with Touchscreen, Invert Color, Panic Button.
Improved: Zoom, Stability, Resolution Capabilities, Velocity, App Size.

Download in the first post of this thread!

If you like my work, let me know and share the information. Big cheers to all... so many downloads on the prev. version. Many thanks. Email me at: manuel.velez@uptc.edu.co

05-26-2015, 07:18 PM
How to Create an App like what you did? I want to learn how to create and edit files HPAPP, HPAPPNOTE and HPAPPPRGM.

Leo

05-28-2015, 01:37 AM
(05-26-2015 07:18 PM)jrozsas Wrote:  How to Create an App like what you did? I want to learn how to create and edit files HPAPP, HPAPPNOTE and HPAPPPRGM.

Hi Jrozsas,
To create an app, just copy an existing app from the calculator, edit the program code and drag the full app to the pc via CK. The result is the folder that contains all files of the app.

05-28-2015, 01:40 PM
(05-28-2015 01:37 AM)mandresve Wrote:  
(05-26-2015 07:18 PM)jrozsas Wrote:  How to Create an App like what you did? I want to learn how to create and edit files HPAPP, HPAPPNOTE and HPAPPPRGM.

Hi Jrozsas,
To create an app, just copy an existing app from the calculator, edit the program code and drag the full app to the pc via CK. The result is the folder that contains all files of the app.

Hi.
I copied the APP, but do not know how to edit the HPAPP file. What program should I use to edit this file? Is there any tutorial to create APP?

Leo

05-28-2015, 02:53 PM
(05-28-2015 01:40 PM)jrozsas Wrote:  I copied the APP, but do not know how to edit the HPAPP file. What program should I use to edit this file? Is there any tutorial to create APP?

In the user manual, go to page 516 and start with the "customizing an app". It walks you through an example.

TW

05-29-2015, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2015 05:29 AM by jkiriosd.)
Thanks a lot Manuel Andres Velez.
if not for you, I would not finish my app.

PD: If you want to see my app, just says to me. When my app is finished, i will post in the forum.
05-29-2015, 05:35 AM
(05-28-2015 02:53 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  In the user manual, go to page 516 and start with the "customizing an app". It walks you through an example.

yes, Tim, the Guide is very helpful.
However an user could ask how to choose the original app (one among other? a specific one?) and wonder if every code is good of an app), but these are "sophistic" questions :-)

thank you,
Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
05-29-2015, 12:50 PM
(05-29-2015 05:26 AM)jkiriosd Wrote:  Thanks a lot Manuel Andres Velez.

PD: If you want to see my app, just says to me. When my app is finished, i will post in the forum.

For nothing dude Smile I want to use the preview of your app when first beta arrives, email me. Thanks.

06-01-2015, 03:20 AM
Awesome bro!, i've been looking for something like this for months, not always i got an internet connection to convert them online,

Thanks!
06-01-2015, 06:06 AM
(06-01-2015 03:20 AM)italocjs Wrote:  Awesome bro!, i've been looking for something like this for months, not always i got an internet connection to convert them online,

Thanks!

You're welcome man! Thanks for the support.

06-01-2015, 01:05 PM
(05-29-2015 05:26 AM)jkiriosd Wrote:  Thanks a lot Manuel Andres Velez.

HI, What is this app?

Leo

06-01-2015, 01:10 PM
(05-28-2015 02:53 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(05-28-2015 01:40 PM)jrozsas Wrote:  I copied the APP, but do not know how to edit the HPAPP file. What program should I use to edit this file? Is there any tutorial to create APP?

In the user manual, go to page 516 and start with the "customizing an app". It walks you through an example.

HI ,
The problem is that there is no explanation of how to edit the hpapp file.
There are 3 files: * .HPAPP, .HPAPPNOTE * * .HPAPPPRGM.
HPAPPNOTE and edit HPAPPPRGM I know, but the hpapp file, does not know how to open and edit. In the manual did not find the information. There is starting an APP of "zero"?

Leo

06-01-2015, 02:59 PM
(06-01-2015 01:10 PM)jrozsas Wrote:  open and edit. In the manual did not find the information. There is starting an APP of "zero"?

The top item in your program catalog is that program. Or you can edit it in the "program" tab of the application editor in the connkit.

TW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)