How can i type and transfer notes to my HP prime G2 from my computer?
07-27-2023, 01:11 AM
How can i type and transfer notes to my HP prime G2 from my computer?
Title asks pretty much everything.

I have a chromebook, and was wondering if I could like make a text file and download it, but I don't know where the hell you get a CONNECTIVITY Kit.

Any help would be a blessing!!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2023, 05:58 PM
RE: How can i type and transfer notes to my HP prime G2 from my computer?
(07-27-2023 01:11 AM)batx27 Wrote:  Title asks pretty much everything.

I have a chromebook, and was wondering if I could like make a text file and download it, but I don't know where the hell you get a CONNECTIVITY Kit.

Hello, connectivity kit is a windows app. I think it exists for Mac as well but it is a few years older.
Not sure if you can do this from a Chromebook
If you have access to a windows system, then you can transfer your notes between the computer and your prime.
You can get the connectivity kit from here https://www.hpcalc.org/details/8938
07-27-2023, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2023 10:59 PM by rprosperi.)
(07-27-2023 05:58 PM)nickapos Wrote:  
(07-27-2023 01:11 AM)batx27 Wrote:  Title asks pretty much everything.

Hello, connectivity kit is a windows app. I think it exists for Mac as well but it is a few years older.
If you have access to a windows system, then you can transfer your notes between the computer and your prime.

There is no ConnKit for ChromeOS. Also, there is no Text/Notes app, so no simple way to type in and transfer simple text notes. This was done (i.e. not created) deliberately by HP to satisfy the various boards that evaluate calculators to approve them for tests; notes is a no-no for them for obvious reasons. Doh!!

--Bob Prosperi
07-27-2023, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2023 07:32 PM by nickapos.)
(07-27-2023 06:56 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(07-27-2023 05:58 PM)nickapos Wrote:  Hello, connectivity kit is a windows app. I think it exists for Mac as well but it is a few years older.

There is no ConnKit for ChromeOS. Also, there is no Text/Notes app, so no simple way to type in and transfer simple text notes. This was done (i.e. not created) deliberately by HP to satisfy the various boards that evaluate calculators to approve them for tests; notes is a no-no for them for obvious reasons.
Hi Bob, according to the manual there are 2 ways to store notes. I have not used any of them but I assumed they were generally available. Please see attachment
Maybe I am wrong.
Edit: you can access the notes catalog with shift+0

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-27-2023, 10:57 PM
Wow, I apologize, I was absolutely wrong about that, how embarrassing. I am not sure what it is I was recalling, as it's clear it's not the Prime, "Notes" is right there on the keyboard. Another in a long list of features I've never used on the Prime.

As self-punishment, I'm leaving that gaff right there as I wrote it...

Thank you nickapos! you are right and were right to correct me.

I really need to stay out of trying to help answer Prime questions...

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)