Buy Now or Wait for Revision B?
06-18-2014, 01:13 PM
RE: Buy Now or Wait for Revision B?
I read here from Tim (member of HP Prime project team) that the Prime is indeed certified to be used in USA schools since this spring, but I don't know what h/w revision is certified.

So far, as posted here before, h/w revision A is being caped in order to NOT support features like:
- Wireless connection via USB;
- Data streamer peripherals for lab data collection via USB.
- Send data from the Prime to PC Prime simulator;

So, if you need any of the above features, my advice is to wait and see what HP next move will be... We never know where yet another hardware revision will be released to fix or enhance announced features since day one.
Don't do what I did, buying it in February-2014 believing from the HP advertizing all over the pace that it would support wireless and datastreamer features, only to discover a few months later that it is not exactly the case, because apparently if you are in bad luck and got a revision A h/w (like most of us), you can't take advantage of the new features.

That said, the Prime (h/w revision A) is a excellent calculator, well above what all the others are offering for the asking price. It is not designed for die hard RPN and RPL fans, however. This is a machine designed for more modern programming paradigms.
Just my humble opinion anyway.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Buy Now or Wait for Revision B? - MathMan - 06-18-2014, 03:59 AM
RE: Buy Now or Wait for Revision B? - HP67 - 06-18-2014, 06:46 AM
RE: Buy Now or Wait for Revision B? - jebem - 06-18-2014 01:13 PM
RE: Buy Now or Wait for Revision B? - HP67 - 06-18-2014, 01:22 PM
RE: Buy Now or Wait for Revision B? - Rich - 06-18-2014, 10:31 PM
RE: Buy Now or Wait for Revision B? - HP67 - 06-19-2014, 06:22 AM
RE: Buy Now or Wait for Revision B? - HP67 - 06-19-2014, 06:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)