Custom Icons for Custom Apps?
06-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Custom Icons for Custom Apps?
There has been some discussion of the possibility of custom icons for custom apps at http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-156...l#pid14937 . Following a suggestion from Giancarlo, I am opening the discussion here for better visibility.

Joe Horn has pointed out that the help screen for the ICON command (see help tree, Program Catalog, Program Editor, Commands Menu, Drawing, ICON) states that "in an application program, if the name of a 38*38 ICON is ICON then this graphic will be used as the application icon". I have attempted to implement this in a custom spreadsheet using a simple 38*38 ICON created with DIMGROBHelper.exe as the help screen also suggests, so far with no success.

I may be doing something wrong or the feature may not be implemented yet. My latest thought on the subject is that the App Menu icons have rounded corners and the icon I generated with DIMGROBHelper has square corners. Perhaps this matters.

Here's hoping TW notices this post and clears things up for us.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2014, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2014 07:06 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: Custom Icons for Custom Apps?
That bit of text made it through reviews and was missed being removed. Custom ICON support is not available at this time.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)