[Survey] HP users around the world
01-28-2018, 09:41 AM
RE: [Survey] HP users around the world
(01-26-2018 09:06 AM)jebem Wrote:  Southern Africa Zulu-Changana (this one I forgot almost all, except the insult words, after leaving that region 40 years ago).

I think somewhere in your travels you must have come across some Serbian swear words too!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2018, 12:25 PM
Languages spoken: Spanish, English
Basic understanding of (enough to watch videos and read articles and understand the majority of the content): Norwegian (really basic)

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-28-2018, 02:11 PM
Alan Striegel
Languages spoken: English, German (conversational)
01-29-2018, 10:59 AM
(01-28-2018 12:25 PM)eried Wrote:  Country: Chile
Basic understanding of (enough to watch videos and read articles and understand the majority of the content): Norwegian (really basic)

Tøft Smile Ikke mange fra Sør-Amerika som forstår norsk.

Esben
28s, 35s, 49G+, 50G, Prime G2 HW D, SwissMicros DM42, DM32, WP43 Pilot
Elektronika MK-52 & MK-61
01-29-2018, 11:30 AM
Stats updated Smile

Software Failure: Guru Meditation

--
Antonio
IU2KIY
01-29-2018, 11:49 AM
(01-29-2018 11:30 AM)TheKaneB Wrote:  Stats updated Smile

thanks!

Quote:4 x Italy
we are so many here :-D
Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
01-29-2018, 12:40 PM
Only 2 of us in the UK...

Who's the other one? Smile
01-30-2018, 10:12 AM
Languages spoken: Swedish, English, German
01-30-2018, 08:27 PM
Languages: German, English, French (forty years a go in the school), tiny little bit of Italian
01-30-2018, 11:09 PM
(01-29-2018 10:59 AM)DA74254 Wrote:  
(01-28-2018 12:25 PM)eried Wrote:  Country: Chile

Tøft Smile Ikke mange fra Sør-Amerika som forstår norsk.

Kanskje havbruks- (laks) næringen spiller inn?
Like fullt, Tøft!
01-31-2018, 01:32 AM
Languages: English, Polish
Can pretend to understand: Russian, some French
01-31-2018, 05:17 AM
Look like HP and TI calculators user demography mostly at Norh/South America, Australia and throughout Europe.
Others like Casio, Sharp, or other Japan make models are mostly at Asia and Africa zone.

I'm a US citizen and live in Thailand. Most people here use Casio and very rare to see any HP or TI calculator.

Gamo
01-31-2018, 10:34 AM
(01-31-2018 05:17 AM)Gamo Wrote:  Look like HP and TI calculators user demography mostly at Norh/South America, Australia and throughout Europe.
Others like Casio, Sharp, or other Japan make models are mostly at Asia and Africa zone.

I'm a US citizen and live in Thailand. Most people here use Casio and very rare to see any HP or TI calculator.

Gamo

Here in Italy, Casios are by far the most used, with Sharp following. Any other brand is much harder to get by, expecially HP.

Software Failure: Guru Meditation

--
Antonio
IU2KIY
02-02-2018, 08:13 AM
Hi I'm from China.
Language speaking: Mandarin, Wu (a Chinese dialect), English
I don't know any other languages Sad
02-02-2018, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2018 02:05 PM by toml_12953.)
USA here.

Languages

English (American dialect)
French (Quebecois dialect)
Italian: Understand and read fully, speak partially (but can't write)
German: I can order a sausage with bread and mustard and a beer (I lived on those when I visited Munich and Berlin)

Tom L
Cui bono?
02-02-2018, 02:14 PM
(02-02-2018 01:58 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  French (Quebecois dialect)
I'm curious about this, tell more, please...
(02-02-2018 01:58 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Italian: Understand and read fully, speak partially (but can't write)
Bello, io scrivo male l'inglese, lo parlo peggio, ma lo capisco abbastanza...
(02-02-2018 01:58 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  German: I can order a sausage with bread and mustard and a beer (I lived on those when I visited Munich and Berlin)

ahahah Big Grin

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
02-02-2018, 08:37 PM
(02-02-2018 02:14 PM)salvomic Wrote:  
(02-02-2018 01:58 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  French (Quebecois dialect)
I'm curious about this, tell more, please...
Salvo

Hello Salvo,
I am a Quebecer or a French Canadian if you want.
My understanding is that the French dialect spoken here is a descendant of the French language that was spoken in the north-western part of France in 1700.
References: History of Quebec and History of Quebec French.
Best regards,
Sylvain

Bonjour Salvo,
Je suis un Québécois ou un Canadien français si vous voulez.
Me compréhension, est que le Français usuellement parlé ici, est un dérivé de la langue française qui était parlé dans le nord-ouest de la France en 1700.
References: Histoire du Québec et Histoire du français québécois
Cordialement,
Sylvain
02-02-2018, 08:41 PM
@salvomic

Quebecois is the French spoken in Canada’s Quebec province by nearly 8 million people. There are other forms of French in Canada in New Brunswick. Because of the British victory in 1763, for nearly 2 centuries Quebecois evolved differently and independantly from the France French. As a result the spoken language is quite different from standard French. Different words, common words with different meanings, different anglicism. On some aspects, it looks like old French.
But written Quebecois is French.

The accent is also very different. As (we in France) are not used to ear it it is difficult to understand. Interviewed people are often subtitlted ! But strangely, on the radio or television it is very intellegible. Before I went to Quebec for vacation ten years ago, in my whole lifetime I met only 3 Quebecois (2 of them in Rome !). This to say we don’t have a close relationship. By the way, they don’t like French people. But who do ? Smile

My site http://www.emmella.fr
02-02-2018, 08:47 PM
(02-02-2018 08:37 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  Bonjour Salvo,
Je suis un Québécois ou un Canadien français si vous voulez.
Me compréhension, est que le Français usuellement parlé ici, est un dérivé de la langue française qui était parlé dans le nord-ouest de la France en 1700.
References: Histoire du Québec et Histoire du français québécois
Cordialement,
Sylvain

Bonjour Sylvain,
Merci beaucoup pour l'explication. Je lis les links que vous suggérez. Un de mes chers amis, ici en Sicile, est né à Toronto et a vécu au Canada 20 ans, je lui poserai également des questions sur cette langue.

I'm always curious about the languages of the World and about philological explanation of their evolution. Quebecois is interesting, I'll read more about it.

Salvo

02-02-2018, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2018 09:20 PM by salvomic.)
(02-02-2018 08:41 PM)badaze Wrote:  Quebecois is the French spoken in Canada’s Quebec province by nearly 8 million people. There are other forms of French in Canada in New Brunswick. Because of the British victory in 1763, for nearly 2 centuries Quebecois evolved differently and independantly from the France French. As a result the spoken language is quite different from standard French. Different words, common words with different meanings, different anglicism. On some aspects, it looks like old French.
But written Quebecois is French.
Very interesting!
Since many years I have spoke often with Canadian OM (radio amateurs), like also with French ones, in English or French and never I supposed that difference with the French... So, it is like American vs English evolution, I suppose...
Or also like a form of French "patois" (I know this is very particularly related to France however) Smile
(02-02-2018 08:41 PM)badaze Wrote:  The accent is also very different. As (we in France) are not used to ear it it is difficult to understand. Interviewed people are often subtitlted ! But strangely, on the radio or television it is very intellegible. Before I went to Quebec for vacation ten years ago, in my whole lifetime I met only 3 Quebecois (2 of them in Rome !). This to say we don’t have a close relationship. By the way, they don’t like French people. But who do ? Smile

My friend, here, is a man that lived in Canada and he prefers to speak English (not French) but he likes much French people (especially women, hi)...
But why they shouldn't like French people? Smile

That linguistic evolution has not paragons with Italian language: apart from very few terms, Swiss people that speak Italian understands our language and we understand their. *

Mark Twain said that an American and an Englishman speak the same language but they don't understand reciprocally. I would hope a Canadian and a Frenchman would like at least try to understand reciprocally...

Salvo

---
EDIT:
* when we speak Italian. Not when we, inside Italy, speak various dialects: often we cannot understand also amidst Italian fellows. Sicilian or Sardo or Friulan are in many parts so different of Milanese or Toscano. We have sure too many dialects, however lesser and lesser spoken among young people...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)