Casio FX-602P
10-11-2019, 07:43 PM
RE: Casio FX-602P
(10-11-2019 04:22 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  Is there any experience about which voice recorder applicable to FA-1 and FA-2? Any advice helps.

Thanks,
Csaba

Do you mean a modern digital voice recorder?

Thats a good question , that I'd like to know too.

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2019, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2019 08:38 AM by Csaba Tizedes.)
Yes, I mean casette recorder, but I want to use a digital audio recorder instead of casette recorder.

On page 2 in the manual there are technical requirements listed, you can find here: http://casio.ledudu.com/images/pockets/c...pdf#page=2, is it a special ones or this is common for all recorders available on the market?

My other idea is to use my phone (Android) with a special cable to connect to the headset connector (if this kind cable is available - edit: maybe this one: https://www.amazon.com/Kingtop-Adapter-T...lp_pl_dp_2).

And yes, the fx-50x models works without REMOTE connector.

Csaba
10-12-2019, 11:39 AM
(10-11-2019 05:03 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  
(10-11-2019 04:22 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  Is there any experience about which voice recorder applicable to FA-1 and FA-2? Any advice helps.

Thanks,
Csaba

I use a Tandy Computer Cassette Recorder with my FA-3. It works quite well, and is in fact the only recorder I've been able to make work with it, out of a handful of cassette and digital recorders. I suspect it's got something to do with either the strong line-level output of this recorder, or mono vs. stereo jacks.

I used a similar recorder in the UK, the WH Smith CCR800 Computer Compatible Cassette Recorder. It had a switch for "normal" and "compute mode", which fiddled with the levels. However, I didn't get that until 1982 when bought a ZX Spectrum, so I must have been using the family's regular old cassette recorder before then. (It must have been around 1980 when I bought the FX-502P and FA-1.)

— Ian Abbott
10-14-2019, 02:51 AM
On one of the retro computer mailing lists (Tandy M100) I haunt they've had mixed success with digital recorders instead of a cassette machine, apparently due to the voice/music/human hearing optimized compression schemes they typically use (e.g. MP3) not working so well with the data tones.

Best practice seems to be to use an uncompressed format (e.g. WAV), but YMMV depending on the recorder / computer in question.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)