HP15c CE POGO programming cable
02-16-2024, 06:54 PM
RE: HP15c CE POGO programming cable
(02-16-2024 06:39 PM)Divasson Wrote:  
(02-16-2024 06:26 PM)calc_freak Wrote:  I noticed that the overlay fits perfectly on a 12C and an 11C, but it does not fit completely flush on a 15C CE or a 15C LE. I suspect there is a tiny difference in the dimensions, and the overlay was originally modeled on the 12C.

That’s completely right. But I thought the measures were identical!
Absolutely not your fault. The calculator designers should have been just a little bit more true to the original design - by tiny, tiny fractions of dimensions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2024, 02:14 AM
(02-16-2024 01:08 PM)Pierre Wrote:  
(02-16-2024 12:59 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Addiction is never pretty...

You're right ! But I haven't been treated yet...

It couldn't happen to a better model... Smile

--Bob Prosperi
02-17-2024, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2024 02:41 AM by rprosperi.)
(02-16-2024 04:16 PM)Craig Bladow Wrote:  Any tips on getting the overlay to lay flat?

I've trimmed about 1-2mm off the bottom, so that it now sits inside the slight ridge at the bottom (just below the crhome trim line). It's a lot better, but I haven't used it enough since trimming to know how much better it will work. It seems to sit a lot flatter.

Note that the silicone material stretches easily and it's hard to make such a fine cut without variation (i.e. it may be a bit crooked). I used a metal ruler to guide a hobby knife (new blade) and Werner mentioned that he carefully used scissors; both methods seemed to work OK.

--Bob Prosperi
02-19-2024, 02:09 PM
Would anyone know if the excellent new Pogo cable allows program swaps to the PC, as well as firmware updates?
02-19-2024, 04:21 PM
(02-19-2024 02:09 PM)MinkLib Wrote:  Would anyone know if the excellent new Pogo cable allows program swaps to the PC, as well as firmware updates?

The f/w does not have the function built-in to support memory transfers, but clearly it could. It has been widely requested and it's not unreasonable to expect Moravia is listening, but nothing has been formally confirmed yet. I'd hang in there...

--Bob Prosperi
04-19-2024, 08:52 PM
(02-07-2024 09:10 PM)Craig Bladow Wrote:  Mine arrived Monday, successfully programmed my HP-15CE. Instructions worked in Windows 7 as well as Windows 10. Initially the Windows 10 machine did not recognize the calculator in boot mode so I tried it on Windows 7. I think it may have been that I was either pressing reset too long or wasn't pressing the buttons consistently.

I like the idea of flashing the newest 12C for a dedicated 16C, all of the US shopping sites I checked, including hp.com, seem to have photos of older 12C versions. I know the Calculator Store has new 12Cs, does anyone know of a source in the US?

I initially had quite a time getting Windows to SEE the cable... After a while I figured out that that I was not actually in programming mode per se, so kept trying things after finding this forum and the post above. Eventually, Success! I hope my findings helps someone... though it seems most all of you did fine Smile

Following the instructions provided on TCS, was my confusion...

Quote:Now, let's put the calculator in Programming Mode.
Put the calculator on (this is not required but helps to see if you are doing well)
To do that, press and keep pressed the ERASE button in the cable. Then press and release the RESET button. Release the ERASE button. ... The calculator screen should be off, but you should be able to see the device in the Device Manager of your computer. You should be now ready for the next steps.

The part that tripped me up was turning the calculator ON first...

Leaving the calculator off, and very quickly holding erase then pressing reset then release both fast did the trick...

Maybe break it out into two steps? "Step 1: In order to test that you are holding the buttons correctly, turn the calculator ON, [do the button steps], verify calculator turns off; then turn calculator on, see pr-error, turn off", "Step 2: ... generally as above", but point out that calculator won't mount/be recognized as a com device...?"

On my PC i also had to turn on "show hidden devices" under view; after that, I could see it, though it also shows up automatically in the SAM-BA app.

Otherwise, glorious, thanks TCS! (José)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)