pyilper on miniconda3
06-22-2023, 07:56 PM
pyilper on miniconda3
Hi,
I want to run PYILPER on miniconda3 on my windows10 pc.
miniconda3 runs.
But I cant install pyilper.
I type "conda install pyilper". Installation starts. But at the end I got a lot of fault messages like this:

"CondaVerificationError: The package for pyilper located at C:\Users\abcd\miniconda3\pkgs\pyilper-1.8.6-py310_0
appears to be corrupted. The path 'Lib/0/site-packages/pyilper/__pycache__/lifcore.cpython-310.pyc'
specified in the package manifest cannot be found."

Does anybody know where I on the wrong way?

Greetings
Uli
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2023, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2023 04:55 AM by dmh.)
RE: pyilper on miniconda3
Make sure you use the Windows installer for Python 3.9 and NOT the latest version.

If you used the latest version then uninstall it and then install the appropriate Windows version (I'm using 64 bit) with Python 3.9.

Calculator Clique on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-23-2023, 07:15 AM
(06-22-2023 07:56 PM)Uli Wrote:  Hi,
I want to run PYILPER on miniconda3 on my windows10 pc.
miniconda3 runs.
But I cant install pyilper.
I type "conda install pyilper". Installation starts. But at the end I got a lot of fault messages like this:

"CondaVerificationError: The package for pyilper located at C:\Users\abcd\miniconda3\pkgs\pyilper-1.8.6-py310_0
appears to be corrupted. The path 'Lib/0/site-packages/pyilper/__pycache__/lifcore.cpython-310.pyc'
specified in the package manifest cannot be found."

Does anybody know where I on the wrong way?

Greetings
Uli

I would follow 1:1 the installation instructions https://github.com/bug400/pyilper/blob/m...INSTALL.md

Code:
pyILPER requires:

Python 3.5 or higher
    Qt 5.9 or higher with the PyQt5 language bindings or Qt 6.3 with the PySide6 language bindings
    The Python bindings for either Qt Webkit or Qt Webengine
    Pyserial 2.7 or higher
    LIFUTILS (the most recent version)

Then having a look at miniconda3 and what additional packages has to be installed with it for achieving the pyilper requirements.

HP71 4TH/ASM & Multimod, HP41CV/X & Nov64d, PILBOX, HP-IL 821.62A & 64A & 66A, Deb11 64b-PC & PI2 3 4 w/ ILPER, VIDEO80, V41 & EMU71, DM41X, HP75D
06-23-2023, 02:44 PM
Hello!

Thank you dmh and thank you floppy.
I made a new installation with (not the newest) version 3.9 and by following the instruction, you mentioned, and it works at first try.

Greetings
Uli
06-23-2023, 04:14 PM
There was an incompatibility of the my pyILPER packages for Python3.10 with the MINICONDA release of April this year. I did a rebuild of the packages and the installation should now be fine on Windows.
Regards
Joachim

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)