Lost STO (▶) symbol in the connectivity kit program tab
03-28-2014, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2014 04:39 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: Lost STO (▶) symbol in the connectivity kit program tab
(03-27-2014 11:35 PM)Bob Frazee Wrote:  I finally googled the error message it was popping up, and it pointed me to some C runtime libraries I needed to install.

If you still have it, could you possibly send me what that was? I thought all needed things would be packaged along with it, but it is possible something may have been missed.

The font is loaded from a sub directory in your install dir - not your fonts directory.

However, it is also possible the unicode stuff is what is messing things up and not the font missing. Technically, HP doesn't support XP anymore (and neither does microsoft shortly) and so most of the testing efforts are spent on win vista,7,8. That doesn't mean we don't compile it to only require XP or greater, but I honestly have no idea how XP does with unicode stuff. I've seen plenty of times where unless you had a specific extension installed, or a language pack, everything just goes bonkers.

[EDIT] Someone pointed out what may be the error. The droid sans mono font is used in the program editor. However, that character doesn't exist in it. I believe if you remove the font from the install dir, or rename it at least, it will fall back to use a different one which will most likely have it.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lost STO (▶) symbol in the connectivity kit program tab - Tim Wessman - 03-28-2014 03:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)