HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes
09-09-2016, 11:53 PM
RE: HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes
Bob,

Thank you for the info.

(09-09-2016 02:45 PM)Vtile Wrote:  If you do not have already, then get it (there is also english version): http://www.hpcalc.org/details/7587

I actually downloaded that some weeks ago but experienced problems with it on my Mac. When switching the UI to English, the text in the UI becomes blocks (unreadable). I exchanged emails with the author of the English translation and we determined that I did everthing correctly but that the blocks must simply be an incompatibility with WINE/Crossover (what my Mac needs to run Windoze apps). And so, I am unable to use that particular app on my Mac and long for a native Mac app instead.

David,

Thank you again for your menu-hiding code and for your detailed reply. But I have some comments and questions.

First, the utility you pointed me to appears to be a COMM transfer tool that has nothing to do with my desired means of transferring User RPL programs from a computer to the 50g via SD card. What I want to do is be able to easily copy any System RPL code, say out of a forum post, with or without those backslashes, and with or without a header line, and then wave my magic wand to have it encoded properly such that I can save that to an SD card and then easily put it in the stack using the 50g.

So with regard to your previous post, I have the following two questions:

1. Are you saying that I can copy your posted code with header into my Mac's text editor and then save that as an extentionless text file to an SD card and then be able to insert that SD into the 50g and use it? If so, what text encoding must I use in the text editor on my Mac to properly save it to the SD card?

2. Your 3 steps involving TRANSIO and SYSEVAL work on what, exactly? For example, so long as I do NOT have a header line, and so long as the code is backslash-escaped (or does that matter?), I can paste such User RPL code into a Mac text editor and then save that as a single extentionless file to my SD card (but again, saving with what text encoding? UTF-8?) and then follow your 3 steps with success?

My apologies for the many questions, but with a little more hand-holding by you gentlemen I believe I will eventually see the light.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes - JDW - 09-09-2016 11:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)