HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes
09-01-2016, 12:04 AM
RE: HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes
(08-31-2016 01:06 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  ...it doesn't erase Port2 when you flash an update. In the same package, there's a zip file called 2MB fix or similar. It contains a ROM that will erase the entire ROM, to completely clean and repair Port 2 as well. You need to flash that one when you go back from newRPL, any other updates need to use the normal ROM so you don't lose your installed libraries in Port2.

That restored the FLASH to 671k, and the 3 libraries were not deleted in the process either. THANK YOU!

(08-31-2016 01:29 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  It would take a lot more effort than you buying a new 50g, they are cheap these days.

I don't consider the cost of yet another 50g to be pocket change, especially since I live in Japan and shipping from the US is outrageous. Besides, it's a waste. No need to contribute to a landfill when there should be an engineering solution to the problem. Regardless of the effort involved, could guide me on how to resolve the problem myself?

Once again, the problem is that my 50g thinks the SD card write protect LOCK switch is set to LOCK when in fact it is not. What, other than buying another 50g, is the best solution?

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes - JDW - 09-01-2016 12:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)