HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes
08-31-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes
(08-31-2016 12:15 AM)JDW Wrote:  Now, what appears to be a NEW PROBLEM...

Previously, I had the 3 main libraries stored in Flash (EQNDATA.LIB, EQNLIB.LIB, and PRTBL.LIB). I then flashed my 50g with newRPL and then today I flashed it back to the stock 2.15 firmware. Now nothing appears when I press the ORG Rt-Arrow button and 2 (to call up Libraries). That was to be expected, but in File Manager, I see Port 2 (the FLASH) to be 510k. That is not right. It should be 766k (from what I have read in HP's "hp50g ROM Upgrade.pdf"). And yet, when I view Port 2 in File Manager, it is blank. When I copy L226, L227 & L229 back to Port 2 (FLASH) using my SD card, the size of Port 2 (FLASH) is 415k. Is this right? If not, how do I fix it?

Not really a problem. The stock ROM you flashed is smaller than the total Flash size, so that it doesn't erase Port2 when you flash an update. In the same package, there's a zip file called 2MB fix or similar. It contains a ROM that will erase the entire ROM, to completely clean and repair Port 2 as well. You need to flash that one when you go back from newRPL, any other updates need to use the normal ROM so you don't lose your installed libraries in Port2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes - Claudio L. - 08-31-2016 01:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)