HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes
01-05-2021, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2021 12:18 AM by rprosperi.)
RE: HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes
(01-04-2021 11:56 PM)franz.b Wrote:  It has been a long time since i took the sd card out of my 50g, since win7 i suppose (last year for me).
The card is 2Gb, works fine, formatted in fat16.
After inserting it into the pc with win10 I found the "System Volume Information" folder which is practically irremovable from the card both from windows and from the calculator. I found a way by connecting it via OTG to the mobile and Android deleted the folder (and this is meant as a suggestion).
Is there a more practical way to do this cleaning? Any file manager on the calculator? any tools on win10?
Thanks

In Win10, open a command window (WinKey-R, CMD, [Enter]), change to the subject drive (in my case G: ) and then:

G:> rmdir /S "system volume information" (or whatever the exact name is, and do use the quotes) and as soon as that is done (do wait to get the prompt back) remove the card, then close the cmd window.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 50g & SD Cards: Performance, Format, Notes - rprosperi - 01-05-2021 12:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)