Texas TI-34 solar scientific calculator from 1987
08-04-2021, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2021 11:55 PM by Mjim.)
RE: Texas TI-34 solar scientific calculator from 1987
It seems newer revisions were about cost-cutting, with a reduction in the size in solar panel (which is a shame since it's low-light performance is pretty good). Version 1 & 2 (Op's and the one I posted), were both made from the same company in Taiwan, but then production bounced around a few different companies with the later versions.

Still the loss of the metal front and a reduction in the size of the electrolytic from 22uF to 10uF (would the savings even matter?!), even version 2 was cutting costs.

I spotted a few version 1's on ebay and they had the metallic front panels, so I must of been confusing version 1 with version 4 when I first looked.

@Dave Britten
Nice that it comes with a TI-34 math book! I'm waiting on a Sharp EL-506A to arrive which also comes with it's own version of a math book on top of the manual. I love the big manuals that older PC games came with and the same holds true for calculators Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas TI-34 solar scientific calculator from 1987 - Mjim - 08-04-2021 11:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)