HP Prime Firmware Update Problem
04-19-2016, 01:04 AM
RE: HP Prime Firmware Update Problem
(04-18-2016 09:00 PM)TaeML Wrote:  Thanks for the reply Tim, I'll give that a try and hopefully it gets fixed.

One other thing you can try. There is a factory test menu you get into by pressing and holding the 3 keys with the alpha letters C-F-O on them during a pin-reset. Once you are in there, click the 8 key to start the "TP FW Refresh". It will take 20-30 seconds or so potentially, and then you will be back in the menu.

The press 3 for F/A test. Then in that menu, press 4 for "Tablet". You will go into a blank screen. Drag your finger around and see if you get a line drawn. Press enter to move through the tests. Eventyally, you'll be done.

If it now seems to be working properly, and you get lines/movement during the test then your calcualtor will probably work once rebooted. In the main menu, press 9 for RESET and you'll boot again.

Once started back up, does your screen work again? If so, do the update and it will probably be ok. If it behaved properly but did not after the update, do that "TP FW Refresh" once more and then boot up again.

I am suspicious that your touch panel firmware did not update itself properly after you did the calculator. It should be automatic, but might have not run.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP Prime Firmware Update Problem - TaeML - 04-18-2016, 07:49 AM
RE: HP Prime Firmware Update Problem - DrD - 04-18-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: HP Prime Firmware Update Problem - Han - 04-18-2016, 05:46 PM
RE: HP Prime Firmware Update Problem - Tim Wessman - 04-19-2016 01:04 AM
RE: HP Prime Firmware Update Problem - DBV - 07-28-2016, 07:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)