Texas TI-66 Programmable: Toshiba skills to rescue Texas...
12-04-2023, 10:15 AM
RE: Texas TI-66 Programmable: Toshiba skills to rescue Texas...
(01-11-2015 06:49 PM)jebem Wrote:  This time I have lost one of the two tiny small springs shown in the initial photo of my OP, when trying to put it back into the power On key.
The damn thing just jumped in front of me and I'm afraid it's gone for good.
After spending 1 hour looking around I have quit my search and have just assembled the unit without it.
Apparently it works fine. But I know it is missing, and this will bug me for a while.

Whilst dismantling, I didn't see springs. Then I found one on the floor. I couldn't see how it could go back in the "on" key. I noticed a second spring which I assume never fell out during dismantling. In the attached photo you can see it in the far bottom right hole that is used for screwing the main board to this front case. I noticed that the matching hole on the main circuit board had metal contact at the top unlike all others bar one. I made a guess that it was something to do with grounding (noting Mark Hardman's post). The other screw hole on the main board with metal contact on the top was the one matching the far bottom left screw hole on the front case (i.e. far bottom left in the attached photo). So I put the found spring in there.    
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas TI-66 Programmable: Toshiba skills to rescue Texas... - psychlist - 12-04-2023 10:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)