How much memory may a HPPL program use on a G2?
09-12-2023, 04:17 PM
RE: How much memory may a HPPL program use on a G2?
(09-12-2023 03:06 PM)Tyann Wrote:  I've just repeated the last query 3 times and found 1030 words
in 24 seconds.
from 1) "aberrants" to 1030 "zieutâtes
The number of words found is displayed for a short while on my application and I had trouble seeing.
I also double-checked, and mine finds 1031 words, from 'ABERRANTS' to 'ZIEUTÂTES' as well. If you're returning the result in the form of a list on the HP Prime stack, please save it to the global list 'L1', then perform a synchronization to your PC using the Connectivity Kit. Copy the contents of 'L1' to the clipboard (you can select the entire list by clicking the header of 'L1' or using the keyboard shortcut ctrl-A), and then paste it into a text file. Please attach it here as a file. I will compare the results to see if there is any excess data in my results or if something is missing from your results.

(09-12-2023 03:06 PM)Tyann Wrote:  So your algorithm seems better than mine.
I'm using text strings in this algorithm instead of PPL lists. I'm not sure if it makes a difference in terms of speed. When I find some time, I'll make the modification and use built-in PPL lists to compare performance. Thank you anyway. You'll see it soon Smile

(09-12-2023 03:06 PM)Tyann Wrote:  I'm thinking of dividing each list into 26 sub-lists, one per letter (a..z), so that the search will be carried out exclusively on one sub-list.
I've tested a small conversion program on 'N5' and it works well.
I've also thought about it, but it seems to me that in the case of my algorithm, it won't help much or maybe not at all.

I would like to clarify how exact search should work, that is, when all the letters are provided. If I enter "RÉESSAYES," should it find only "RÉESSAYES," or should it also include "RÉESSAYÉS"? On the other hand, if I enter "REESSAYES" (without an accent on "É"), should it show anything at all, or nothing?

Piotr Kowalewski
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much memory may a HPPL program use on a G2? - komame - 09-12-2023 04:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: