HP 17Bii+ emulator availability?
02-06-2020, 01:45 PM
RE: HP 17Bii+ emulator availability?
(02-06-2020 09:55 AM)jthole Wrote:  The main thing it would offer is a better display, and the knowledge I am not carrying around a vintage calculator (my laptop bag leads a rough life).

I cannot remember the last time I needed trig functions, so I don't miss those at all on the 17Bii.

You've got a point about the + being tougher than the original 17b and bii, especially the brown one with the rubberized case (as I recall when I had one). I agree about trig functions; don't need 'em.

If you watch Ebay carefully you can probably find a deal on the +. I recently got a 19bii for $25 and it is in excellent shape, with the battery door on the side. I thought the batt door might be in bad shape (Ebay pictures didn't show it), but it was pristine and the calc works great. My prime factor finder is terrific on the 19bii; you don't have to press RCL to see the factor, it automatically shows it on the additional display line. And with the alpha keyboard, entering equations in the solver is much easier. And the RAND# function is great for games.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 17Bii+ emulator availability? - jthole - 02-03-2020, 10:14 PM
RE: HP 17Bii+ emulator availability? - Don Shepherd - 02-06-2020 01:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)