Simplification problem: constants not multiplied through expression
10-21-2019, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2019 04:29 AM by hpprimestudent.)
Simplification problem: constants not multiplied through expression
Hi everyone,

First post here. I'm having an issue with the Prime yielding unsimplified expressions in CAS mode, even after using the simplify function. For example, when I'm finding the inverse laplace, this is what the expression looks like. (To see the photo, you may have to right click and open in new tab). As you can see, the constants in the exponents are not being multiplied into a single constant, as well as the constants outside the bracketed expression. That means I have to manually copy and paste and multiply through for each term in the expression/exponent.

[Image: y17cKLi]

I've tried changing simplification levels (maximum, minimum, none) in settings, updating to the latest firmware,resetting memory, all to no avail. Nor do these functions change the format of the expression: expand(), simplify(), normal() powexpand().

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Simplification problem: constants not multiplied through expression - hpprimestudent - 10-21-2019 09:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)