Your Favourite Third Party book?
05-09-2014, 11:49 PM
RE: Your Favourite Third Party book?
Both of the Urroz series (2 volumes for the 48GX/G/G+ series; Numerical Methods and Prob/Stats, and the 2 larger volumes for the 49 series described above) are great references for learning how to do these types of math problems on those machines; very clear and to the point, so very useful and insightful, but not very readable, imho. More of reference style than learning style, but loaded with lots of code, examples, etc.

Wickes' Insights series (28C, 28S, 48SX V1 & V2, and 48GX V1) are all captivating, insightful, clever, humerous and also loaded with useful and complex examples, so the techniques he is treaching are expressed in useful real applications of those techniques, rather than obvious sample code type versions as is more typically included.

You can find the Insights books on TAS from time to time at wildy varying prices, so if you're patient you can get them at nearly reasonable prices, but I've also got at least 1 of them throught ABEBOOKS.com. If you buy books, and you don't know ABE, you will thank me for this tip. Like TAS, you can see some wacky prices here, but since there are so many sellers, there is almost always a reasonable price (e.g. I just checked - Bill's 41 Synthetic Programming book is available for $55.00)

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your Favourite Third Party book? - d b - 05-04-2014, 03:22 AM
RE: Your Favourite Third Party book? - rprosperi - 05-09-2014 11:49 PM
RE: Your Favourite Third Party book? - JDW - 08-19-2016, 09:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)