Prime Pro App, No connectivity wirelessly
06-19-2018, 05:23 AM
RE: Prime Pro App, No connectivity wirelessly
Hello,

Is your software a "windows store app"?

I am not talking about so called "desktop apps" here, but about "windows store apps"... They are the ones for which local connection is "illegal".

Last time I tested, you could run the con kit and a windows Prime emulator on the same win 10 computer, and it worked... But if you ran the "windows store app" emulator, it did not comunicate with the con kit...

This behavior is by design. Please see: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library...70532.aspx

"Network isolation and loopback

IP loopback addresses and the loopback interface have traditionally been used for communication between different applications over the network, as well as for interprocess communication within several applications on a local computer.

Network communications using an IP loopback address cannot normally be used for interprocess communication (between two different apps) because this is restricted by network isolation. Network communication using an IP loopback address is allowed within an app within the same process for communication purposes."

My understanding is that Microsoft's point of view is that "apps from the store should be independent and not rely on anything else installed locally". This is why they are blocking such type of loopbacks/inter app comunications...

Now, my information is 1 year old and things might have changed. If you have a way for "windows app" (as in store) to communicate locally through TCP/IP with a local server, please enlighten me so that I can implement it!!!!

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prime Pro App, No connectivity wirelessly - cyrille de brébisson - 06-19-2018 05:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)