Why do calculator manufactures like to reinvent the wheel?
03-11-2014, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 02:40 PM by Angus.)
RE: Why do calculator manufactures like to reinvent the wheel?
Wouldn't it be better if HP also kept an eye on people like me and not solely the education market? I mean if the educational market is not a reliable one and about to switch over to tablets any time you would try to satisfy other customers aswell.

The prime in general is a very powerful and potent device just partially ill-conveiced. (I remember I was once explained I didn't get the idea of having two parsers who act independently of eachother. What I still don't get because they are linked at a certain level. e.g. interchangable commands which are not compatible in detail. I have the feeling there are problems with fully integrating the xcas into core routines )
HP just needs to bother a little more about details and quality.

I don't need a super complicated calculator - easy to use, yet powerful is all I need.

BUT the concerns with firmware update, even unimportant aspects like the flicker, unwanted capitalized letters and many other things could be easily avoided and I am sure that HP was aware of these prior their launch. Hopefully these were known issues to be more precise....
That's the whole point.

Edit: When thinking of the education market - I think there are many teachers out there who also care about pretended vanities but need to be convinced to switch over to HP instead of, say TI.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do calculator manufactures like to reinvent the wheel? - Angus - 03-11-2014 02:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)