Gauss-Jordan
03-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Gauss-Jordan
Hello!
Has anyone written any program capable of applying the Gauss-Jordan step as does the HP50G?

When I first bought the HP Prime tried to do, and actually wrote an application (was my first program for this machine Smile) to find the inverse of a matrix by this method, but I have not been able to get something as well done as the application that comes standard with the HP50G.

Has anyone done it?

Sometimes it's interesting to go see the elementary operations performed at each step to get the result, and as far as I have seen, HP does not have that Prime built-in function.

Greetings.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2014, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2014 02:02 PM by DrD.)
RE: Gauss-Jordan
There is "ref" which performs Gauss reduction, and "rref" which does reduced row echelon form for matrix operations. Those might be useful for your program needs.
03-15-2014, 04:37 PM
RE: Gauss-Jordan
(03-15-2014 02:02 PM)DrD Wrote:  There is "ref" which performs Gauss reduction, and "rref" which does reduced row echelon form for matrix operations. Those might be useful for your program needs.

Exactly.

But if I'm not mistaken, with those commands only get the result without the intermediate operations that provide the same commands on the HP50G.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)