spreadsheet app bug report
05-01-2017, 07:31 AM
RE: spreadsheet app bug report
Hello,

I know what is happening... And honesty I do not know if it really is a bug or not...

DOG is a column. As a result, its value is a list of the content of all the cells (that have a value) in said column. In this case {1, 2, 3}
When you select column B and type Spreadsheet2.DOG, it gets evaluated (as normal) and returns {1, 2, 3}.

One of the property of the spreadsheet entry is that if you enter a list or matrix in a cell, it gets "spread" around, allowing you to quickly populate n cells of the sheet (use ={} to put data just in this cell...)

In your case, you are therefore entering {1, 2, 3} with the pointer in the B header cell. So 1 gets placed in B header (B0), 2 in B1 and 3 in B2 (and you can verify this by moving the cursor).

Normally, when doing this type of fill operation, the selection gets expanded to show this behavior (try entering {1, 2, 3} with cursor in B1 to see it). However, since row/col headers can not be part of a selection that includes normal cells, in this case, you do not get the visual feedback.

So, this explains why you get 2 and 3 in B1 and B2.
It also explains why you get 1 everywhere else in the column as 1 is the "default" value for all cells in the column (after all, this is the value entered in B0).

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
spreadsheet app bug report - roadrunner - 04-23-2017, 01:40 PM
RE: spreadsheet app bug report - cyrille de brébisson - 05-01-2017 07:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)