2021: Examples of CAS-type programs
05-01-2021, 07:20 AM
RE: 2021 Examples of CAS-type programs
When using KhiCAS all of the following calculators can match this workflow.

- NI Nspire CX II (CAS and non-CAS models)
- Numworks
- Casio CG50 and the low-cost Casio FX-9860G-III

Bernards push to provide a universal CAS for a wide range of hardware inclusive of exam friendly non-CAS models is an interesting challenge for HP to answer. Not to sound like a scratched record, I think it's time that HP allows developers like Bernard to provide solutions coded in C to run directly on the Prime. As Bernard himself has stated, Casio allows developers to provide solutions of this nature natively and it has no effect on the perception of Casio calculators as being exam friendly. NI of course forces the community to use Ndlesss, but these days it's a matter of days between NI updating the firmware and Ndless providing a matching solution.

Whilst it's true to say that the HP Prime G2 is the most powerful calculator to process programs of the nature detailed in post 1 (and with more available RAM); all of the competitor calculators mentioned above are fast enough these days that the average user won't notice any difference. There's even a chance that the NI Nspire CX II will be faster as KhiCAS is running directly on the ARM hardware, not via a host OS.

None of what I write above should be taken as me preferring any of the aforementioned competitor calculators, but it is important that a balanced view is acknowledged.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021 Examples of CAS-type programs - jonmoore - 05-01-2021 07:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)