HP35 problem with a calculator, maybe due to a faulty charger
03-21-2021, 04:43 PM
RE: HP35 problem with a calculator, maybe due to a faulty charger
(03-21-2021 11:07 AM)teenix Wrote:  
(03-21-2021 10:19 AM)aurelio Wrote:  Thank you Tony, CPU boards swapping was the first thing that came to my mind, but I also thought about the risk, however minimal, of being then with two 35 opened and, even worse, both not working...
Thanks for the advice, I measured the voltage and read, with my 8.5 V multimeter, where it should be from scheme 8.2, but I do not know the accuracy of my instrument and the tolerance allowed.
I measured on test points what I could measure with the multimeter i.e. Vss = 6.49 (expected value 6 V) and Vgg = -12.94 (expected value -12 V), what do you think of these results?

I think they are pretty good.

cheers

Tony
Well, if the voltage on test point is the one expected it means maybe that the PSU works properly, so what would be the next step in the troubleshooting?
What does it mean that if I use any of the numeric keyes, the calculator turns off, while clicking on the functions the display shows numbers that vary, from time to time, with different criteria?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP35 problem with a calculator, maybe due to a faulty charger - aurelio - 03-21-2021 04:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)