Adding/Editing Programs for the HP50G
08-31-2020, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2020 04:21 PM by MattGreer.)
RE: Adding/Editing Programs for the HP50G
(08-31-2020 01:33 PM)DavidM Wrote:  If you want to use a PC for editing User RPL files, you may want to take a look at HPUserEdit. It has some nice features for editing User RPL programs on a PC.

I'll definitely do that, thank you!

I don't know if the other folks that posted here are still following but there was a lot more information than I realized in this thread, so going back over it after a good bit of trial and error on my part, re-reading, then more trial and error.

Again, many thanks to you all who took the time out of your busy schedules to help me with my growing pains here. Smile

One of the issues I had was when I transferred a 9 KB directory (including formulas, variables, couple small programs, etc.) it didn't all come across in ASCII. It's like, I got "most" of it? Weird. But as it was mentioned in this thread, I think the procedure that works best is as follows:

1. On the HP48GX, put the directory / variable / program on the stack.
  2. Execute STR→ on what you just loaded onto the stack.
  3. Save the string to a variable
  4. Transfer the variable off the calc to the computer using the Connectivity Kit
  5. Copy the file off the computer, in text mode, to the 50g using the Connectivity Kit
  6. Recall the contents of the variable to the stack
  7. Execute the program (that you're going to enter yourself) called INOUT. (Credit to John H. Meyers and users BruceH and grsbanks for this nifty little routine.)
  8. Save it to the desired variable/directory name on the 50g, and you're done!

Some interesting things:
  • The transferred file from the 48GX to the computer will have an extension .txt on it. If you leave it as a text file for the subsequent transfer, you don't get the"%%" stuff on the first line.
  • If you do remove the extension .txt, it'll add the "%% HP" stuff to the first line of the file during the transfer, so you'll have to go in an manually remove those characters. After that the 'INOUT' routine will do it's thing.

Thanks!

-Matt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adding/Editing Programs for the HP50G - MattGreer - 08-31-2020 04:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)