How to Freeze up Your HP' and Other Secrets of the Wait(-1) Command
06-06-2014, 08:08 AM
RE: How to Freeze up Your HP' and Other Secrets of the Wait(-1) Command
Hello

> The button areas most emphatically do get special treatment

Yes, they do, you are correct.
<Behind the scenes>
The screen is composed of a number of graphical objects arranged in a tree like structure (as in Windows).
The Cmenu object (located at the bottom of the LCD) has an 'Imediate Click' flag turned ON.
This flag allows for a touch down on the CMenu to be imediately 'understood' as a click instead of having to wait for the touch UP. This allows the Menu to react much faster to user input as the action associated with a button click is imediate, not delayed. This participate in the overall feeling of 'snipiness' of Prime.

Problem: The system, ad described above is organized in this hierachy of bitmaps, as I said, like any windowing system.
HOWEVER, users programs do NOT have access to it, you see the screen as just 1 large bitmap. This is at the same time for ease of creating simple programs AND for backward compatibility wiht the 39.

These 2 'views' of the world do conflict, and the case of the menu area reaction to touch event is one of them...

I appologize, but I do not, at this point have an easy solution for the problem (trust me, if I had found one, I would have implemented it).

</Behind the scenes>

I hope that this helps.. Sorry that it is not in the documentation. There is just so much that would need to be documented, and so little time... I mean, would you rather have us develop new stuff or spend the next 2 years documenting what we already have?

However, never hesitate to ask questions, we will do all we can to answer them.

Cyrille
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Reply to Tim Wessman - Jsather - 06-05-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: How to Freeze up Your HP' and Other Secrets of the Wait(-1) Command - cyrille de brébisson - 06-06-2014 08:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)