[Request] Customizable Softkeys
06-09-2014, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 12:07 PM by Angus.)
[Request] Customizable Softkeys
hi,

I certainly don't want to write much text:

I miss the functionality on the softkeys in the home and cas mode which I think most users do.
Tonight I thought about a suggestion. Customizable keys would be of greatest value. One set in home and one in cas.

Would it be realizable to somehow match the user keyboard? You could introduce 'virtual' keys like K_F1.HOME and K_F1.cas e.g.. Just like user keyboard functions. A command like lbl could define what is printed on the key.

e.g. the additional keys would be defined in the user_keys program.
KEY K_F1.HOME()
LBL(""F1 in home");
BEGIN
//functionality for the individual
END;

But of course any other way, say a list of program calls in the settings could do the job. Only empty Fkeys are soooo wasted.

Is there a change of implementation???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 02:45 PM
RE: [Request] Customizable Softkeys
+1 from me.

Although user keys on the keyboard are nice, I still need to remember what defined key goes with what command. As Angus suggested, it would be handy to have the user command (or custom text) show up in one of the 3-4 blank soft key locations.
06-09-2014, 03:19 PM
This strikes me as a very useful feature. I know that this is possible in the RPL driven 48/49/50 series through the custom menu commands. I'm surprised that it is lacking in the Prime.
06-09-2014, 05:01 PM
I second this request!
06-10-2014, 09:59 AM
(06-09-2014 12:05 PM)Angus Wrote:  ... empty Fkeys are soooo wasted.

Totally agree! A feature I'd LOVE: Put any function on any menu key by simply dragging it there. Example: press and hold any function in any catalog for one second; drag it off the menu; the menu closes; drag it down to a menu button and release; it gets assigned to that menu button. Wouldn't that be sweet?

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2014, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 12:34 PM by Rich.)
As a student, this would help me greatly. I often use precious exam time looking for frequently used variables, menu items, or CAS commands.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)