How to Freeze up Your HP' and Other Secrets of the Wait(-1) Command
06-05-2014, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 06:20 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: How to Freeze up Your HP' and Other Secrets of the Wait(-1) Command
Few items to comment on:

You seem to be under the impression that somehow we "decided" to modify wait or "slip in a change" when in reality what was modified was that kinetic scrolling was added to the system. This works by starting a timer which sends movement events until it stops. Yes, that will be out of the programmers hands and there is no way in *any* touch system I am aware of the manually stop receiving movement information from the screen. You can completely block it, you can completely ignore it, but you still get it. WAIT is just reporting what the system is receiving in a form that can be read/parsed in a program.

The button areas aren't getting special treatment - rather the buttons are still there underneath any drawing you've done. You just are covering them up on the screen but they still exist.

"Ditto for those stupid spaces you added behind the commas..."
How would you be able to distinguish between {1,234,123,234} and {1,234,123,234}? That could be {1 234 123 234}, {1234 123 234}, {1 234123234}, and so on.

I would appreciate your elaboration on "We cannot pretend these gestures will not occur and Wait(-1) will not detect them." What exactly is the information you are wanting to ignore and for what purpose?

I thank you for your detailed analysis and it should be helpful in tracking things down. I suspect you've isolated an issue that nobody seemed to have found before. I am not seeing the details you mention in "I checked and found the specific freeze up had not been repaired". Which is this? Details?

The other lock ups seem to be the same issue that is being discussed that has to do with a kinetic scroll being activated.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Freeze up Your HP' and Other Secrets of the Wait(-1) Command - Tim Wessman - 06-05-2014 06:18 PM
Reply to Tim Wessman - Jsather - 06-05-2014, 09:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)