HP 110, 150: Looking for Turbo Pascal Version 3.02 for MS-DOS (not PC-DOS/IBM PC)
06-23-2020, 06:17 PM
RE: HP 110, 150: Looking for Turbo Pascal Version 3.02 for MS-DOS (not PC-DOS/IBM PC)
In the meantime I found that TURBO.COM can be reduced in size by a about 3 KB by converting it first to TURBO.EXE (using COMTOEXE.EXE) and then applying LZ.EXE to the result.

These two tools can be found on the 1991 Portable Paper subscriber disk.
They do not work on the Portable, so this compression has to take place on another MS-DOS computer.

If EPROM or EDISK space is limited, this can be helpful. The resulting program still starts rapidly and runs without problems.

I have also experimented with the Portable Plus and its HP-IL interrupt. No problems identifying devices and reading the 3468 voltmeter and print to the 82162 printer. However, I am having problems to change the voltmeter settings or display a message. It seems to ignore my output (while the printer accepts it). So I have to re-read the HP-IL documentation concerning addressing and frame sequence. Maybe I need to send a REMOTE command first.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 110, 150: Looking for Turbo Pascal Version 3.02 for MS-DOS (not PC-DOS/IBM PC) - Martin Hepperle - 06-23-2020 06:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)