US Patent 4,649,499 - HP 12C Emulator
12-19-2020, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2024 01:13 PM by Martin Hepperle.)
US Patent 4,649,499 - HP 12C Emulator
While researching the HP 150 I came across US Patent 4,649,499.
"Touchscreen two-dimensional emulation of three-dimensional objects."
It describes the user interface of the Rolodex software for the HP-150 as well as the HP-12C Financial Caclulator program on 8 pages.
Now, what sounds interesting is that it mentions an "Appendix B":
[...]
In Appendix B is included a complete listing of computer programs (Copyright 1983 by Hewlett-Packard Company) for FC. The computer programs are designed to run as an application program on an HP 150 personal computer.
[...]
Unfortunately I cannot find the Appendices of this patent - only the first 8 pages with the text and claims.
Maybe someone is in the patent lawyer business and has access to the full patent?
I would be very interested to see this Appendix.

The patent also explains
[...]
In the FC program, instruction processing is done with a chip emulator 101. Chip emulator 101 consists of a chip emulator software (Nut) module 101a and Host computer hardware 101b, for example HP150 personal computer hardware. Chip emulator 101 can process instructions stored by a memory module 102.
[...]

I understand, that only the 12C emulator software was published and sold, but the emulator was obviously also capable of emulating the 15C, 16C and other calculators based on the same "Nut module". Maybe it is possible to recreate the source and adapt it to the 15C, for example.

Martin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)