Cloning calculators questions
02-15-2020, 11:18 PM
Cloning calculators questions
I would like to ask a couple of questions pertaining to calculator cloning.

Background (which everybody knows, but for the sake of clarity...):
A) If two Primes are connected directly with with a cable, the contents of one of them can be easily transferred to another one using Clone function (this includes calculator settings).
Alternatively, both calculators can be connected to Connectivity Kit, and then contents of one of the calculators can be transferred to another one by dragging and dropping items in the Calculator pane. (Note: the items have to be dragged one by one. Groups cannot be selected and dragged.)
B) The Prime application for IOS communicated with the Connectivity Kit over the network. It instantiates in the Calculator as another calculator.

Questions:
1. Is there any simple way to clone the "real" calculator to the IOS app (and vice versa)?
2. Is there any way to copy groups of items from one calculator to another (real or virtual. regardless) under Connectivity Kit?

Additional comment: under Connectivity Kit one can select entire calculator (i.e., the calculator name line), and then attempt to drag it to another calculator. When one attempts to transfer the contents of the "real" calculator to the IOS app, the '+' sign symbolizing copying appears next to the cursor on the screen suggesting that it can be done, but no contents gets copied. (At least this is how it works--or doesn't work--on my machine...)

Darius
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Cloning calculators questions - DrDarius - 02-15-2020 11:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)