HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test
12-07-2018, 04:22 AM
RE: HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test
(12-06-2018 11:25 PM)cdmackay Wrote:  If I instead use the soft-menu stats from the 96 MENU, it can handle both columns at once, and I get the results as an array on the stack...

Actually, that is what I used to get the values in the stack. I simply didn't specify that. I put the array on the stack and used the OBJ-> command to retrieve the values out of the arrays, which is in the TYPE submenu in the PRG menu (LS PRG TYPE).

(12-06-2018 11:40 PM)cdmackay Wrote:  Is there a quicker way of getting an array element into a form?

I don't know how to getting an element into a form faster. I would have to play around and teach myself.

My Solution
If I had to use the T-Stat form all the time, this would be my solution on speeding things up. I would write a quick userRPL program like this...

Code:

<<  MEAN OBJ-> DROP SDEV OBJ-> DROP 'S2' STO 'S1' STO 'X2' STO 'X1' STO { X1 X2 S1 S2 } ORDER >> ***Assuming column 1 of ∑DAT is X and column 2 is Y.***

Then I could enter the T-Stat form and press VAR X1 ENTER VAR X2 ENTER and so on.

(12-06-2018 11:25 PM)cdmackay Wrote:  I think I am spoiled by the import feature on the Prime's Inference app Smile

We both are!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 50g — import statistical data into hypothesis test - Carsen - 12-07-2018 04:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)