Most impressive/complex/amazing C-series program?
04-21-2018, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2018 10:45 PM by Gerson W. Barbosa.)
RE: Most impressive/complex/amazing C-series program?
(04-05-2018 11:30 AM)EdS2 Wrote:  It must be worth also mentioning Valentin Albillo's
HP-12C Tried & Tricky Trigonometrics (pdf)
as mentioned in this thread.

Yes, Valentin's program is quite an awesome achievement! If rather than radians its angular mode were degrees, that would have been my trigs program of choice on the HP-12C. Being technically-oriented, I needed my trigonometric functions in degrees, so I decided to write my own program, even though it was kind of reinventing the wheel. Later I finally got a 15C again (and an 11C, and a 42S...), but it was fun to keep trying. My best attempt on the Voyagers was the program for the HP-12C Platinum. It's a pity the Platinum never appealed to Valentin, I wonder what he might have done with 400 steps and two guard digits accessible to the programmer, not to mention a possible new article, "Long Live the HP-12C Platinum !" :-)

Thanks for digging out that old post from 2005! Unfortunately most GWB's posts have been deleted. I wonder why he did that, as he received only kind remarks from everyone, despite his first feeble attempt at trigs. Go figure! :-)

G. W. Barbosa
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most impressive/complex/amazing C-series program? - Gerson W. Barbosa - 04-21-2018 10:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)