Prime Pro App, No connectivity wirelessly
06-18-2018, 05:37 AM
RE: Prime Pro App, No connectivity wirelessly
Hello,

Honnestly, I have no clue as to the exact problem is...
Obviously you have configured the con kit properly as your other devices DO see and talk to the con kit...
So the problem must come from the phone... But what is the problem is the big issue.
Normally, I would run a network activity monitor on the device that does not work in order to figure out what is wrong, but I do not know if such tools do exist on Android.

I created (a long time ago), a file that explains a little bit how the system works. Assuming that you can find tools to run on your phone, you might be able to find what is wrong (which does not mean that it can be fixed)...

All in all, implementing this system has been a pain as we kepts being blocked from every side/angle by the various OS manufacturers!
For example, on windows 10, an "app" is blocked from comunicating with another "app" running on the same computer. So, you can connect the emulator to a con kit running on another computer, but put them on the same computer and Microsoft will block the communication!!!!
Some OS block the use of ports bellow 1024 to non root apps (for security reason), some network block the use of port above 1024 (for security reason)...

Anyhow, I hope that you will be able to gather more information, please do not hesitate to post anything else that you discover and I will try to help as much as I can.

Cyrille

Attached File(s)
.docx  HP Prime networking_public version.docx (Size: 19.28 KB / Downloads: 8)

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prime Pro App, No connectivity wirelessly - cyrille de brébisson - 06-18-2018 05:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)