Maybe for Sale / Trade: IDS Vol I-II for HP-71B
01-12-2016, 01:45 AM
RE: Maybe for Sale / Trade: IDS Vol I-II for HP-71B
(01-12-2016 01:34 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  During the 80's I bought a copy of Vol. 1. from EduCALC. I was disappointed to find that it was a photocopy. Are your manuals printed originals or photocopies?

Dave

I don't believe "original" prints ever were supplied by HP, but could be wrong. When one of the very first sets of the IDS appeared at the PPC clubhouse, it was some sort of copy (different process in 1984 vs. today) and all copies I've seen since then are similar.

Since HP did sell the IDS directly to developers and corporate customers, they may have been printed (or copied) better, but I'd guess the estimated total sales never warranted a formal publishing/printing process.

I've also never seen any form of Cover Pages, etc. furthering the suspicion that all copies sold were not originals.

Thanks for keeping it in the community Matthias, vs. TAS-ing. I have a full set otherwise I would have sent an offer.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe for Sale / Trade: IDS Vol I-II for HP-71B - rprosperi - 01-12-2016 01:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)