Astech calculator case
12-29-2014, 03:32 AM
Astech calculator case
would like to buy Astech calculator case...reasonably priced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2014, 02:41 AM
RE: Astech calculator case
I'm thinking we should reverse engineering this case and make a 3-D printed version!

I shouldn't have sold my last one.

(12-29-2014 03:32 AM)JDonley Wrote:  would like to buy Astech calculator case...reasonably priced.
12-30-2014, 03:00 AM
(12-30-2014 02:41 AM)aj04062 Wrote:  I'm thinking we should reverse engineering this case and make a 3-D printed version!

I shouldn't have sold my last one.

I have two of the Astech cases that I bought New Old Stock many years ago. I paid $75 each for them at that time and I wouldn't sell them for several times that. They are worth every dollar I spent. One has my HP-42S and the other has my HP-17bii.

That's a good idea on using 3-D to print out new versions of these cases. The case is made of three pieces - the back, the front and the piece of plastic that makes up the hinged piece. Should be possible to create a copy. But I really don't know much about 3-D printing.

Bill
12-30-2014, 05:55 AM
I have several of them bought in the early 80's, but could use a few more. Agreed....this is a natural for 3D printing. Not sure how you get around the patent if someone 3d printed and sold them.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)