Half, Full,No Nuts
12-24-2017, 02:57 PM
Half, Full,No Nuts
Hello fellow calcaholics:

I have two HP-41c, one 41CV and two CX.
Don't ask why, I have no good answer.

In preparation for possible CL modding, I understand that you need a particular version and one way is to shine a flashlight between the daughter and mother boards to see how they are connected.

Another way is to look at the display and notice the edges (doesn't seem to work for me or at least I cannot tell)

Is there any other way other than disassembling the calculator to determine which version(s) on has? I've read many past posts and done google searches and am now thoroughly confused.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

.....Art
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2017, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2017 05:45 PM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
RE: Half, Full,No Nuts
(12-24-2017 02:57 PM)larthurl Wrote:  Hello fellow calcaholics:

In preparation for possible CL modding, I understand that you need a particular version and one way is to shine a flashlight between the daughter and mother boards to see how they are connected.

Another way is to look at the display and notice the edges (doesn't seem to work for me or at least I cannot tell)

Is there any other way other than disassembling the calculator to determine which version(s) on has? I've read many past posts and done google searches and am now thoroughly confused.

.....Art

Can't you tell the difference?
[Image: 41half.jpg]

You need the one on the right, BTW.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-24-2017, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2017 06:38 PM by Geoff Quickfall.)
Try searching: “hp museum: 41cl”

Lots of neat stuff including this:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...ead=206230
12-26-2017, 01:49 PM
(12-24-2017 05:44 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(12-24-2017 02:57 PM)larthurl Wrote:  Hello fellow calcaholics:

.....Art

Can't you tell the difference?
[Image: 41half.jpg]

You need the one on the right, BTW.

Thanks, Massimo. For some reason I thought the calculator had to be on and contrast enough to see difference. Don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, I can tell just by looking to see if there are square or rounded corners.

.....Art

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)