Thread Closed 
For your impartial comparison
03-02-2016, 09:00 PM
For your impartial comparison
Hi all,

Another exemplary case IMHO. Some background info is necessary: One member (A) quoted a post of a spammer (S), and another member (B) quoted said post of member A including its embedded quote. Everything was quoted as it was available at the time of quotation. In this post here, I just replaced the original names by A, S, and B, where they were still readable (let's say for data privacy protection (another thing only old Europeans get excited about)) - everything else is as it was found right now.

Enough of the prologue. First act. In order of appearence:

(03-02-2016 01:24 PM)A Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 12:16 PM)SOME SPAMMER Wrote:  hi friends,
good to see you all discussion and experience about Rolex watch. this is a very big and trusted brand in all world. for more details please visit....
[DELETED SPAM URL]
Tell us pls what pils are you taking

<<<MODERATORS NOTE: A; that was a spammer that Katie had axed from the site, after you started writing this but before you posted. That's why it only shows up in the quote. Thanks for finding it though. END NOTE>>>
According to the record, the SM acted at 16:28 UTC.

B (Written at 15:57 UTC. Please note I can't quote pid and dateline for reasons of force majeure) Wrote:Alas, the following post ...
(03-02-2016 01:24 PM)A Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 12:16 PM)S Wrote:  hi friends,
good to see you all discussion and experience about Rolex watch. this is a very big and trusted brand in all world. for more details please visit....
<<<<<<<<<<<< MODERATOR REMOVED SPAM POST'S URL / DO NOT COPY AND RE-POST SPAM LINKS >>>>>>>>>>>>
Tell us pls what pils are you taking
... was devoured by another black hole. Note the posts in that thread are still numbered correctly in either mode Smile although the post of 'S' was deleted. Who is able to number correctly should be able to link correctly, shouldn't (s)he? Confused

Didn't observe any gravitational waves of that black hole yet else I'd send them focussed to the programmer to shake him/her out of his/her hammock. Sad

<<<MODERATOR'S NOTE:

B: THIS POST WAS REPORTED BY A MEMBER BECAUSE YOU HAD INADVERTENTLY QUOTED AND REPRINTED AN ALREADY REMOVED SPAM URL. PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF THIS IN THE FUTURE.

SINCE THIS URL KEEPS POPPING UP IN "QUOTE"S, AND SINCE THIS "BLACK HOLE" SUBJECT HAS ALREADY BEEN CLOSED ONCE ANYWAY, I'M CLOSING THIS THREAD TO KEEP ANY MORE ACCIDENTAL SPAM REPOSTINGS FROM HAPPENING, IN CASE ONE IS BEING TYPED RIGHT NOW. THESE LINKS & SPAM SITES CAN CONTAIN MALWARE THAT NO ONE HERE NEEDS. MY LINUX COMPUTER MAY BE IMMUNE (I DON'T KNOW) BUT OTHER'S MAY NOT BE. IT'S BEST WE KEEP THE SITE FREE OF THIS STUFF. THANKS -db

END NOTE>>>
According to the record, the SM acted at 17:58 UTC.

Curtain falls. Applause!

Now, what do you think? How do you rate the impartiality of the acting SM? Do you think he thought sufficiently before writing? Why not?

My 2 cents: He certainly reached his objective to remove the spam URL - though late and incomplete. The obviously asymmetric reaction observed may be explained by a) some previous personal experience a good moderator (sic!) should come over and/or b) his anger about his own inability to contribute to curing the root cause of said 'black holes'. Mankind has a long tradition of beheading messengers bringing unpleasant news. Now we know it didn't help. Once upon a time even said SM might understand. Hope dies last.

BTW, some psychologists may find some histories in this forum quite interesting. Or, as Plato said some 2500 years ago (way before Southern California was even dreamt of):
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)