IR transfer between hp48 and hp50
12-15-2016, 05:44 PM
IR transfer between hp48 and hp50
Is it possible to transfer files directly via IR between these two?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2016, 03:08 PM
RE: IR transfer between hp48 and hp50
(12-15-2016 05:44 PM)tdh79 Wrote:  Is it possible to transfer files directly via IR between these two?

There is some incompatibility in protocols:
  • The HP 48 natively supports bidirectional SIR (serial over Infra Red), not IrDA.
  • The HP 48 can be tricked to read RedEye using software (normally used to receive ROM dumps).
  • The HP 50 natively supports bidirectional IrDA, not SIR.
  • The HP 50 can print RedEye, but not read it.

Therefore it should be possible to print something from the HP 50 using the RedEye protocol (CF -34) and to receive it on the HP 48 using the special RedEye receiver software.

If one would write an IrDA input/output program for the HP 48 one could use that, but I am not aware of such a thing.

Martin
12-17-2016, 08:27 AM
RE: IR transfer between hp48 and hp50
(12-16-2016 03:08 PM)Martin Hepperle Wrote:  
(12-15-2016 05:44 PM)tdh79 Wrote:  Is it possible to transfer files directly via IR between these two?

There is some incompatibility in protocols:
  • The HP 48 natively supports bidirectional SIR (serial over Infra Red), not IrDA.
  • The HP 48 can be tricked to read RedEye using software (normally used to receive ROM dumps).
  • The HP 50 natively supports bidirectional IrDA, not SIR.
  • The HP 50 can print RedEye, but not read it.

Therefore it should be possible to print something from the HP 50 using the RedEye protocol (CF -34) and to receive it on the HP 48 using the special RedEye receiver software.

If one would write an IrDA input/output program for the HP 48 one could use that, but I am not aware of such a thing.

Martin

Thanks for answering. I was kinda hoping to transfer some files without urchasing serial cable for the 48 but i gues theres no way around it since theres apparently no native support for transfer between the two calculators..

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)