NewRPL - moving variables or programs from one directory to another
03-27-2024, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2024 07:40 AM by funRPN.)
NewRPL - moving variables or programs from one directory to another
Hello there,

Is there a way to move variables or programs from one directory to another?
I have performed the "Put the item on the stack, change dir, type name, STO, back to previous dir, delete the original. Nevertheless this procedure looks to me a bit tedious and trivial.

I have been through the online wiki for newRPL but I didn't find my answer.

Any help?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: NewRPL - moving variables or programs from one directory to another
I'm not aware of any. But you can of course write a program to do the tedious part easily enough.
03-31-2024, 11:31 AM
RE: NewRPL - moving variables or programs from one directory to another
(03-30-2024 04:14 AM)The Shadow Wrote:  I'm not aware of any. But you can of course write a program to do the tedious part easily enough.

I am quite new to programming and RPL/RPN although I have been studying some User RPL to get started on my "new.." HP49.

On the HP 49 I would have probably approached the selection of 'origin' and 'destination' by using commands like INPUT; INFORM; CHOOSE; TMENU (probably a combination of them).

On newRPL (HP40gs) I was not able to find similar commands (among the documented commands in the newRPL wiki) made exception for TMENU. Perhaps DOFORM could also do, but I haven't found any info on how to use this command.

So far, as a Newbie I see newRPL programming more like a numbers chopper but I am sure I am missing some pieces probably due to lack of documentation ^ understanding.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)