Update lifls to V0.08
02-20-2024, 06:51 PM
Update lifls to V0.08
I recently recognized that a LIF volume created with the lifutils 1.7.10 wasn't shown correctly with lifls v0.07. A HP41 ROM file (filetype -8080) was missing in the directory output. The reason was, that in the directory entry for this file the "Volume Flag and Volume Number" fields both contained a 0 number, but I expected 128/1 like on all other entries in the files of the Online-LIF-Disk-Project. Looking into the LIF documentation, I found "Volume Flag and Volume Number" are only valid for the HP-75 file types and are marked as unused for other file types.

So with a wrong "Volume Flag and Volume Number" entry I stopped further procssing. Removing this caused another issue, one of the tested LIF file had no "end of directory" directory entry and so after the "Volume Flag and Volume Number" fix, directory parsing doesn't stop. I forgot the check the max. number of directory entries.

So if a LIF volume uses the max. no. of directory entries, the "end of dir" entry is missing.

Next issue, when I formatted a LIF volume with a HP-71 "INITIALIZE TST:HP,55" and listed the maximum number of entries with lifls, I got 55, just what I used for the INITIALIZE command. That's wrong, the correct no. of max. entries is 56, a multiple of 8, here 8 * 7. Why 8? A block has a size of 256 bytes, a directory entry a size of 32 byte, so 256 / 32 = 8. The used/unused no. of entries output had been fixed.

Finally lifls V0.08 got the a new option -s allowing to sort the file output by directory entry name.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)