User Library 00597C - Hot Air Balloon
02-19-2024, 12:52 AM
User Library 00597C - Hot Air Balloon
From the users' library catalog:

The object of the game is to safely land the hot-air balloon near the center of a small clearing
surrounded by trees. The direction of the wind changes with altitude, and thus the horizontal
position of the balloon is controlled by varying its altitude, by adjusting the amount of hot air it
contains. There is only a limited amount of fuel for heating the air, but sandbags can be dropped
for emergency ascent.

The attached documentation is my own, created from analyzing the users' library program cards. Includes .raw file and barcode.

Attached File(s)
.zip  00597.zip (Size: 942.72 KB / Downloads: 17)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2024, 12:48 PM
RE: User Library 00597C - Hot Air Balloon
David,

Thanks for the game. I like your listing documentation, especially when you mention the targe line numbers with GTO commands! I use colors too for LBL, GTO, ad XEQ commands, but the mention of the target line is new to me! Good job!

Namir
02-21-2024, 05:05 PM
Thank you, Namir. It's good to know that someone downloaded and read the documentation. Smile I'm glad you found the line numbers useful.

I always enjoy trying to understand HP calculator code.

Dave
02-21-2024, 07:06 PM
"The object of the game is to safely land the hot-air balloon near the center of a small clearing
surrounded by trees. The direction of the wind changes with altitude, and thus the horizontal
position of the balloon is controlled by varying its altitude, "

For those who think this premise is far-fetched, this is exactly what happens in Albuquerque, and is called the "Albuquerque Box"
https://www.weather.gov/media/abq/Briefi...ureNew.pdf

It is one of the reasons Albuquerque is so popular for ballooning and explains the timing of the Fiesta.

(I would say that the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta is one of the events that everyone should try to see. It is amazing.)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)