HP-41 application module for basic electronics?
02-17-2024, 07:53 PM
HP-41 application module for basic electronics?
I could swear I had an application module that did basic electronics calculations, for example, capacitors in parallel, resonant frequencies, etc. I recall trying to use this some time ago but could not figure out how to correctly enter values.
I decided to buy the HP Museum memory stick with all the module manuals with the hope this would help. I have the Circuits 1 module in my HP-41CX and can initialize this by following the manual but this does not seem to do what I recall.

Am I totally mistaken in what I recall? Could I be confused with my HP-48G that I once owned (it died)? I could use some of these simple calculations in my hobby work. I know there are online calculators but really thought the 41 could do this.

Any help appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2024, 08:23 PM
RE: HP-41 application module for basic electronics?
It may have been the 48, which has some basic EE circuit stuff in the equation solver card, and there were also 304 EE related cards for the 48 from Sparcom.

If that sounds familiar, most of the 48 ROM cards are available (ROM images which you can load in RAM cards) here:

https://mega.nz/folder/c8N0wbzS#lTzpYl9ewyBSuIBjQq9v_w

--Bob Prosperi
02-17-2024, 09:54 PM
If it's for the 48, the card is more likely to be listed in this post, which has over 120 cards listed:

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-65...l#pid58919

That "Mega" download has fewer than 30 cards in it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-18-2024, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2024 02:13 PM by Sylvain Cote.)
In the HP-41 Circuit Analysis Pac Manual you will find the description of two programs that may do what you are searching for ...
GNAP → General Network Analysis Program
LNAP → Ladder Network Analysis Program

edit: oups it seems that brain skip over the part that said "I have the Circuits 1 module in my HP-41CX and can initialize this by following the manual but this does not seem to do what I recall.", sorry.

Sylvain Côté
02-18-2024, 01:43 PM
(02-17-2024 09:54 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  If it's for the 48, the card is more likely to be listed in this post, which has over 120 cards listed:

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-65...l#pid58919

That "Mega" download has fewer than 30 cards in it.

True, a FAR bigger list, but I was trying to lead Gordo51 to actual s/w he could try. As he couldn't recall its name, I thought trying some may be better than just seeing a list of names, but you're right that it can only help. Also, thx for the link I could not find when sending my reply Wink

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)