Updates to Prime (G1)
02-12-2024, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2024 12:38 PM by Dirk.)
Updates to Prime (G1)
Dear HP-Calculator-Friends,
When trying to update my prime (hardware revision A) to a more current firmware version, it seemed, the HP servers were no longer available. Later on, I found a 2023-firmaware and Connection-Kit from Moravia-education, but I downloading firmware files from Moravia and also uploading firmware-files from other sources to the calculator failed.
Can you give any hints or is there a “how-to” available? Does it make sense to try updating the calculator?

- Thank you: I finally managed to update the calculator. Sorry...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2024, 12:11 AM
RE: Updates to Prime (G1)
Any tips on what you were doing wrong or how you solved things?
02-17-2024, 02:20 AM
Have you tried updatng the prime through the latest connectivity kit, I think that is how my G01 was updated
02-20-2024, 06:48 AM
Thank you for asking:
My fault was to try the wrong firmware firmware so it was not recognized by the connectivity software/calculator. After a more intense search, the search engine delivered a "higher" part of the website, so i was able to find the correct firmware for my device.
03-16-2024, 11:04 PM
Right around the time of the initial post there were some hiccups with some of the servers involved with serving update files. One of the automated jobs I set up some time ago regularly monitors the update servers (and sends me messages when issues might be arising, as well as a daily status report).
03-18-2024, 04:29 PM
I updated my version A HP Prime to
Software Version 2.1.14730 (2023 04 13)
CAS 1.5.0

I used HP Connectivity Kit Build 2.1.14425 (2020 1 16)
built by HP Dev. Comp.

It's running on a MacBook Pro (15", Mid 2010) with macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)
That's the computer I still do most of my work on. (Never change a running system!)

wkr
Andreas

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)