making programs for college with hp prime
01-29-2024, 01:55 AM
making programs for college with hp prime
I'm in a college elementary stats class, and I want to make an app for my hp prime that can find the percentiles for me after I provide a data set. I preferable want to be able to open the app and have a text saying " please provide data set" and once I do have it ask " please provide desired percentile" and after I do it'll calculate the percentile asked using the data set.
does anyone have resources where I can learn to code this for the prime or any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2024, 05:12 AM
RE: making programs for college with hp prime
Hello.
Is your question about “how to code this in a general way” or “how to code this with PPL”? (PPL is the Prime Programming Language)

For the latter, assuming you already know how to code programs (Python, C#, Java, whatever), you should read the HP Prime manual to learn how to code in PPL. People here will expect from you that you make a few tries and ask for help about something that really blocks you.

If it is about how to code, you should first try to learn the basics of programming. It won’t help you quickly, but this is the price to pay.

For both alternatives, what you have to think to for a good program:
- how is the dataset input?
- how is it stored in memory (very important)?
- how is the target value input?
- what formula to be used for the calculation?
- how to output the result?
- is there an algorithm that you have tested on paper and that seems to work?
All of these questions have to be answered by you before coding. They are your choices of conception, and I think they are common to every programming language and platform.

Thibault - not collector but in love with the few HP models I own - Also musician : http://walruspark.co
01-30-2024, 04:18 PM
If you start with a simple program, then you can easily turn that into an App afterwards.
02-02-2024, 03:32 PM
As seen before, the OP may never come back to us because we suggested him to read the manual and try by himself first.
I keep my answer above for future questions like this one.

Thibault - not collector but in love with the few HP models I own - Also musician : http://walruspark.co
02-02-2024, 06:09 PM
(02-02-2024 03:32 PM)pinkman Wrote:  As seen before, the OP may never come back to us because we suggested him to read the manual and try by himself first.

It is also possible that what they want is already supported by prime. It always pays to read the manual.
02-10-2024, 08:47 AM
(02-02-2024 06:09 PM)nickapos Wrote:  
(02-02-2024 03:32 PM)pinkman Wrote:  As seen before, the OP may never come back to us because we suggested him to read the manual and try by himself first.

It is also possible that what they want is already supported by prime. It always pays to read the manual.

actually I just got carried away with school I'm trying to keep 100s in my classes so I haven't had time yet to read the manual.
02-13-2024, 11:39 PM
Glad to hear news from you.
We are here, waiting for you to take a look at the manual (with ctrl-F you should focus quickly on the functions you need).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)